Havaianas launched the “Flipping for the Beach” Contest this summer to discover the unexplored gems and favorite coastal destinations in the Philippines. Department of Tourism Secretary Ace Durano fully supports the contest and declares that the 7 winning destinations will be included in DOT’s focused tourism destination next year. Secretary Durano, together with Vince Rodriguez, Executive Producer of Studio 23 ‘s News Central, Ms. Anne Gonzalez, Managing Director of Terry S.A, and top 7 travel writers in the Philippines will form the panel of judges for the contest. I’m honored to be part of the panel of judges and recognized as one of the country’s top travel writers along side with the editor in chief of Mabuhay Magazine, Travel Life and the other travel publications in the country.
I’m excited to be a part of the judging on May 10. We will choose seven (7) winners who will receive the following:
– An exclusive Havaianas pair
– A 3 day/ 2 night all-expense-paid trip for two to the destination he or she wrote about
– Summer goodies from David and Goliath, T-Box and Dakine
(7 Waves in Anawangin Beach. The 7 waves special Havaianas series celebrates the Brazilian ritual of welcoming the New Year. Dressed entirely in white, Brazilians go to the edge of the sea and hop over 7 waves just after midnight. This ritual is believed to bring good luck and to open new paths for the year that is just beginning. I think the 7 waves for Men was inspired by Anawangin beach..)
Please make sure that you adhere to the contest guidelines:
1. It should be about a Unique Beach Getaway in the Philippines
2. Focus on distinctive experiences that you can expect from that destination
3. Deadline is on May 1, 2008
4. Write with no more than 500 words!
5. With at least photos taken at the destination. Make sure to take a picture of yourself in the destination as proof that you have been there.
6. Document via video (60 to 90 seconds running time in VCD or DVD format)
7. Photos and videos don’t necessarily have to have Havaianas featured in them. (But if you have one, why not?)
For more details on the mechanics, please see flyers and counter-standees in select stores and for other inquiries, please call the “Flipping for the Beach” Secretariat at (632) 7809898 landline, (0927) 6621127 mobile, or email [email protected]
Some thoughts and tips: