Borobudur is an hour away from Yogyakarta. Some groups prefer to go on a day trip just to see the Temple. However, I strongly recommend that you stay at least a night in the Borobudur Village and join the Borobudur Sunrise Tour.
The Village is home to the most beautiful resorts, with Javanese-inspired architecture integrated with nature, that we have ever seen in Indonesia. And, Indonesian food which we love abound in the Central Java Area.
Here are my initial notes on how to plan your awesome Borobudur Experience…
Travel to Wonderful Indonesia Blog Series:
- KOMODO DRAGON’S Lair & the Secret Pink Beach!
- MT. BROMO Sunrise Experience: Catching the Sunrise (Part 1 of 2)
- MT. BROMO Sunrise Experience: Hiking to the Volcanic Crater (Part 2 of 2)
- YOGYAKARTA: Home of the Yummiest Indonesian Food 🙂
- BOROBUDUR Sunrise Experience (The Biggest Buddhist Temple in the World)
- BOROBUDUR NOTES: Planning your Awesome Borobudur Experience
- ORANGUTANS @ TANJUNG PUTING: Largest Population of Wild Orangutans (Day 1)
- ORANGUTANS: Dr. Birute’s Work @ Camp Leaky, Borneo (Day 2)