This is the lake from Kimi no Na wa!
While the lake is fictional in the movie, it is based on Lake Suwa, a body of water in the central region of Nagano Prefecture, Japan.
Lake Suwa, located in the middle of the city, is one of Japan’s most famous lakes. It is known for its hot springs (onsen) and the spectacular Suwa Fireworks Festival where 40,000 fireworks take off, enchanting tourists every summer.
The Suwa area is also known as the “Switzerland of the East”, home to many watchmakers, glassmakers, music box and other precision manufacturers.
Here’s our sample 1-day itinerary of Suwa City.
• MATSUMOTO CITY GUIDE: TOP 10 ACTIVITIES!
• MATSUMOTO CASTLE: Guide & Tips for Tourists!
• SUWA, NAGANO: Guide to Nagano’s Lakeside City!
• Zenkoji: Guide To Nagano’s 1400-Year-Old Temple!
• NAGANO, JAPAN: Top 10 Things To Do!