The majestic BOROBUDUR TEMPLE lies in the heart of CENTRAL JAVA. Its nine tiers overlook rolling hills and lush greenery that are best viewed at sunrise. Borobudur is only an hour’s drive away from Yogyakarta City, the center of education and traditional Javanese arts.
Built in the 9th century during the Sailendra Dynasty, this marvel boasted 2,672 bas-relief panels and 504 Buddha statues in its prime. And get this–no mortar or cement was used in the process. These massive structures were expertly “glued" together with interlocking volcanic stones. It's no surprise this temple is widely considered one of the Seven Wonders of the World!
Related Blog Post: BOROBUDUR Sunrise Experience (The Largest Buddhist Temple in the World)
Here's my unforgettable experience at Borobudur…
THE TRIP OF WONDERS INDONESIA SERIES 2016
• INDONESIA: Experience the Wonders of Indonesia on your Next Trip in 2017!
• BANDUNG: Top Must-See Destinations at The Weekend Capital of Indonesia
• BOROBUDUR TEMPLE: Experiencing the Most Wonderful Sunrise in the World!
• SASAK TRIBE OF LOMBOK: How Ancient Traditions Still Endure in the 21st Century
• KOMODO NATIONAL PARK: On Dragons, Terrific Treks & Pink Beach!
• THE ROYAL AMBARRUKMO: Rubbing Elbows with Kings & Presidents through History
• ALILA SEMINYAK: Bali’s Prime Luxury Resort Destination!