Aside from its coveted weather and otherworldly landscapes, Sagada is blessed with stunning limestone caves filled with millennia worth of history. The most popular locations for caving activities are in the Sumaguing, Lumiang, and Balangagan Caves. Here, adventurers can test their limits while exploring ancient burial grounds and magnificent rock formations.
Most tourists opt for the 2-hour course at Sumaguing; this is the quickest and most scenic route that's ideal for visitors short on time. We chose the 4 to 5-hour Cave Connection course, which starts at Lumiang and ends at Sumaguing, to have ample time to explore the inner beauty of Sagada.
Here's how we conquered the Cave Connection Challenge…
• SAGADA Itinerary DIY: The Road to Sagada (2017) @FordPhilippines
• YOGURT HOUSE SAGADA: Best Breakfast Place in Sagada! (2016 Review)
• GAIA Sagada Cafe: That Famed Cafe in "That Thing Called Tadhana" (Review)
• SAGADA CELLAR DOOR: Agadulay's Kitchen Igorot Dinner and Sagada Craft Beer Experience! (A Review)
• LOG CABIN: A Cozy Retreat in Sagada (A 2016 Review)
• LUMIANG TO SUMAGUING CAVE: Conquering Sagada's Cave Connection!
• SAGADA DEATH RITUALS: On Hanging Coffins, Panag-Apoy and Echoes of Old Igorot Traditions
• SAGADA'S MARLBORO: Basking in a Sea of Clouds at Kamanbaneng Sunrise Peak! (Photo Essay)
• SAGADA ORANGE PICKING Guide at Rock Farm Inn (Photo Essay)
• BIYAHEROES: The Best Online Bus Booking Platform in Manila! Try it!