BUTA + WAGYU is a Japanese Wagyu Steak restaurant by the Villarica family, who also runs Wagyu Japanese Beef in Makati. The family is the only authorized importer of Japanese Wagyu Beef by the Japanese Government in the Philippines. The beef is air-flown in chilled containers and not frozen.
They only sell Grade A5, levels 9-12 Wagyu Beef (Ohmi, Saga, Kagoshima) plus homegrown organic pork, the source of which are exclusively fed okra and okra enzyme. Hence the name: Buta (Pork) + Wagyu (Beef). They also serve curated Korean dishes from the recipes of Grace Lee’s mom.
Here’s our dinner experience with Wesley Villarica, owner of BUTA + WAGYU (and the manager of Maria Ozawa in Manila)…
BUTA + WAGYU
5/F SM Aura, Sky Park, SM Aura Premier, 26th St cor McKinley Parkway, Fort Bonifacio, Taguig
Operating Hours: 11.00am to 2.00am
Telephone: +632 946-7262
Email: [email protected]
Best Steakhouse in Manila Series 2015!
- RUBY JACK’s Fine Steakhouse & Bar from Japan now in Manila! (Restaurant Digest Video)
- BUTA + WAGYU: Best Japanese Wagyu Beef in Manila x Korean Recipes by @GraceLeeManila @SMAuraPremier
- SMITH Butcher and Grill Room: The Best Steakhouse in Manila? @SmithButcher
- HOUSE OF WAGYU: How does Saga Prime A5 Wagyu cooked on a Stone Grill Taste Like?
- WAGYU JAPANESE BEEF: Makati Hole-in-the-Wall Japanese Wagyu Steakhouse! (A Review)