By Abigail Javellana
Experience 20 days of merry making with street parties, endless food, and wonderful masquerade costumes that make up Bacolod City's MassKara Festival.
It is considered by the likes of CNN and National Geographic as a must do experience when visiting the Philippines. The celebration starts between Oct 1 to 19, with the biggest event starting on the weekend nearest to the 19th.
Our #BoomingBacolod adventure starts as we'll show how you can make the most of the MasKara Festival from festival line-ups & parades, must-go parties, delicious local fares, yummy desserts, pasalubong, tourist spots and tips!
By the way, this is the hometown of Abi of Team Our Awesomeplanet. So expect a guided tour from a local's perspective. Come and join us as we rediscover Bacolod City. 🙂
Bacolod Series in Our Awesome Planet:
• BACOLOD FOOD TRIP: Eat Like a Local in Bacolod!
• MASSKARA: Our Awesome Guide to Bacolod's MassKara Festival!
• SILAY FOOD GUIDE: What to Eat in Silay & KAON TA! Food Festival?
• LAKAWON: Negros' Secret Paradise Retreat & TawHai Floating Bar!
• 10 Awesome Places to Visit Around Bacolod!
• White Hotel vs. Hometown: The Old and New Backpacker Hotels in Bacolod City!
• BACOLOD PASALUBONG: What to Bring Back Home from Bacolod?