Text by Nikka Sarthou and Photos by Michael Angelo Chua
Tacos are tasty treats but I veer away from eating it because of the likely mess it would make. There’s a high probability that the hard tortilla shell would crumble with each bite. Luckily, Michelle Turabin thought of creating custom-made bite-sized taco shells. Thus, the birth of Taclings.
Her frustration with this messy Mexican street fare and her love for experimentation inspired this tiny treat. She tried to make smaller servings of tacos in her own kitchen and brought them to her office as sort of a taste test, which produced positive feedback. That was three years ago. Now, she and her husband, Frederick, have gone full-time with this food business.
Flavors of Mercato Series 2:
- CHEF BAB’S SISIG: “A lot of restaurants and bars serve sisig but only Chef Bab of @MercatoCentrale can offer eight variants at one time!”
- JUANA BOWL: U.S. Rib-Eye Steak and Norwegian Pink Salmon @MercatoCentrale
- TACLINGS: Bite-Sized Tacos Hit @MercatoCentrale
- B. WINGS: The Home of the Black Mamba @Mercato Centrale
- LU CHI: From Siomai to Shabu-Shabu @MercatoCentrale Midnight Snack
- GIGA-BITE: One-Stop Shop for Barbecue and Kebab @IsaKebab @MercatoCentrale