In 2005, I attended the course that changed my blogging life and catapulted me to the maven status in my blogging niche. I owe them this testimonial. Read more: Six Figure Blogging In Depth Review
Meet Gary Vaynerchuk of Wine Library
a 32 year old self-trained wine expert who is revolutionizing the wine industry. His webcast, “The Thunder Show” on www.winelibrarytv.com, attracts over 60,000 viewers each day and his email queue typically holds 1,000 messages from obsessed fans, self-named “Vayniacs.” His roots in wine tasting come honestly — his Russian immigrant parents owned a liquor store when he was growing up. Bored at the cash register, Gary began reading “The Wine Spectator and books about wine and baseball cards collection. With a wealth of knowledge and entrepreneurial spirit, Gary spent every weekend of his college years at his parents’ store, rebranding the family business as Wine Library and establishing himself as a respected expert. Inspired by sites such as youtube.com and facebook.com, Gary leveraged technology to reach an untapped audience. His daily 20 minutes webcasts caught the attention of a demographic new to wine and eager to learn. Within a short time, beer sales were outpaced by wine and Gary was spotting wine at Giants Stadium tailgate gatherings and Super Bowl parties. While his youthful following broke down barriers in the wine industry, the business world (and Web 2.0) admired Gary for creating a new generation of branding, focusing on the internet.
There is no doubt that Gary Vaynerchuck rocked the Strategic Profits Internet Marketing Conference (see New Beginnings! Strategic Profits Live 2008 Blog) . I would like to share with you my learnings that rocked my world:
1. He encourages all Internet Marketers to give ALL their content for FREE instead of ethically tricking people to share a FREE report expecting sales on the backend with higher priced products. Give value to readers, give information for FREE but market the hell out of it!
2. Content is King, Marketing and PR is the Queen and we all know who runs the household. This concept alone paid for my entire trip to the Strategic Profits event. For the next 3 years, the internet game will be a combination of your web 2.0 social media knowledge and skills in Internet Marketing. I have spent all of my time learning from the best and only from the best. I do hope I can share with all Filipinos out there.
3. Be a BIG part of the conversation. This is tough and requires hard work that not all internet marketers would embrace. You need to leave comments on all the blogs of people, answer every email, and empower readers to interact with your brand. Gary responds to each and every email that he receives ( about 1,000 messages/ day) !
4. Legacy > Currency. Live and strive to work on your legacy NOW. Don’t wait to grow old and waste your time with things that are not important in life. I love Gary for this quote and this is also how I want to live my life. I want to dedicate my life in leaving a legacy in the Philippines.
5. Follow your heart. Love Everyone. This is my motto from now on and I encourage all of you to follow what your heart’s desire. God planted seeds of holy discontent in your heart and I know you can hear it. It is up to you if you want to follow your heart. Make that decision today!
It was cool to see him record a live show of Wine Library TV!! Cool 🙂 This was the end of the New Beginnings conference and thanks to Rich for inviting Gary to close the conference.
After the conference, most of the internet marketers still wanted to ask a lot of questions to Gary. I learned so much from the conversations and this shaped the way how I would run Our Awesome Planet campaign.
Frank Kern is now my Internet Marketing Idol! He is so cool and he gave a “weird” presentation on CORE IDENTITY on how to effortlessly market and influence people. ( Sorry, I know this might be a weird incoherent post. )
Money Goals are not important and should not be your top most priority. What is important is to paint a picture of what your perfect day would look like. This day reflects the certain lifestyle that is centered on our passions, a happy family life and our legacy. This is your CORE Identity and the more you align yourself on the CORE identity, the happier you will be. Once you identified and attained your CORE Identity, help other people who has a similar CORE identity and guide them to reach the lifestyle they want to live.
New Beginnings! Strategic Profits Live 2008 Blog
I’m thankful for being able to attend this world class event. I was the only Filipino in the Best Internet Marketing Conference 2008 and I want to share my personal insights that blow my mind. Paul Scheele is the master of how to use the 90% of your brain (which is your subconscious). Dr. Paul I think appeared in the Secret. Most of the time the subconscious is working without the conscious mind knowing it. Here are my insights:
1. There is no such thing as hypnosis. Hypnosis is the power of concentration, imagination and suggestion! Everyday we are under a hypnotic state and we don’t even know it. We should be very careful of the power of suggestion to other people. Sometimes, we would often say to people, “bakit ang tamad tamad mo”. Don’t to that! You are actually giving a powerful suggestion to the person that he is lazy and if you repeat it 5 times within the day, you are like hypnotizing that person to be lazy. The mere fact that our media in the Philippines only reports the negative and controversial stuff, the TV is hypnotizing every Filipinos to be bad and negative. Please, please stop watching TV or anything that will highlight negativity or any persons who are negative. Thanks to Rache, she influenced us to cut our cable TV so that we cannot watch this anymore. Just imagine the influence of TV with the kids.
2. Remove “I Cannot” in your vocabulary. The moment you say you cannot do things, it will manifest itself and it will not happen. Instead, if there is something that you think you cannot do, tell yourself: My mind can do this, I don’t know how long it would take, but I can surprise myself. Dr. Paul shared with us evidences that the moment you say “I cannot” the mind will abort the subconscious to even work on it. That is why the Why Not Forum is so powerful, it is a campaign to teach Filipinos do always say let’s do it, why not?
3. Focus on the What, not the How. Most of the time, we focus on How to Earn Money. The fact it, that is the wrong question to even ask in the first place. You need to focus on the WHAT! Embody what its gonna be like when you are there. This is called Positive Outcome Patterning. You need to embody visually, kinesthetically, auditory what does if feel to become rich. You need to act and feel that you are rich and let the universe take care of the How.
Am I making sense? I’m not sure if I am communicating here because these are so powerful concepts that addresses some of the fundamental flaws in every filipino family, including ours.
Activating Your Brilliance
You are brilliant beyond your imagination! Paul R. Scheele has facilitated this realization in millions of lives. He guides people to achieve extraordinary results in relationships, work, money, and health. Paul is an expert on learning how to learn to tap the other 90% of your mind. He believes everyone has an inner genius just waiting to be awakened.
Paul is the designer of programs such as Photo Reading, Natural Brilliance, Genius Code, Abundance for Life, the Paraliminals, and many other courses to stimulate personal and professional success. These programs allow people to go beyond what the logical mind believes possible and break through stuck states. When you want high impact, Paul will entertain, educate, inspire, and move audiences to use their genius minds and achieve amazing abundance.
Richard Schefren has offline built, run and sold multimillion dollar businesses in the fashion industry, music industry and the hypnosis industry. He currently has over 70 niche specific product sites, and has orchestrated teleseminars with marketers like Jay Abraham,and John Carlton. Currently, Rich maintains an elite marketing coaching program, where many of today’s top Internet Marketers and service providers are among his clientele.
Rich opened the conference with inspiring us Internet Marketers to be the Maven — the friend and expert who leads and provides value to the market. One of the key messages of his speech was being different is greater than being better in this attention age. Rich inspired the people that you can be whoever you want to be …. with PRACTICE! He also shared the big idea and strategy behind the FREE reports that he has been releasing into the market. Below is a preview of his speech. It was very powerful and for me it was the highlight of the Day 1 of the Main Event.
Greetings from the house of the mouse in Orlando, Florida! Allow me to be off topic for a bit because I’m attending this awesome conference in Orlando called: New Beginnings Strategic Profit Live Event 2008! All the best internet marketers of the world are attending this no-pitch event conference to teach people like me on how to take our internet marketing to the next level. This is an awesome event and I would like to share with you some of the insights that I got from this conference.
I started the day by attending mass at the National Shrine of Mary Queen of the Universe in Orlando. This was built for the christian travelers going on vacation in Orlando so 80%+ are visitors. Anyway, after the homily, the priest wanted to bless all those people who have been married for more than 50 years. It was awesome to see a lot of married people who stood up and got blessed. At the same time, I have a realization that I don’t want to enjoy travel when Rache and I are already 80 years old. I want to go to Orlando Florida with Aidan and syoti Josh when the boys are old enough to appreciate Disney.
Tom McCarthy, the inspirational speaker and hosts, opened the conference with the same spiel he used to open last year’s strategic profits conference. The buzz around the conference halls is that he is doing a Tim Robbins thing. He was sweating like he is not a professional speaker. It was a good start but it could have been better and more energizing.
I’ll share with you some of my insights for each presentations.
So That You May Know…and keep your eyes OPEN!
The email address of OLD MANILA WALKS ([email protected]) was hacked last December 18, 2007. There has been VERY DUBIOUS messages under this specific email address going around about us being stranded in an African country and soliciting money. Please DISREGARD this as it is a HOAX.
We are not sure if we’ll be able to get back to our system but unless we do, please be wary of any messages from [email protected], especially those that involve ASKING FOR MONEY. If it doesn’t concern Manila or walking tours for that matter, then it was probably not sent by us.
Lessons of the Day:
1. Please be wary of your mails, even if its from the same email company as yours.These hackers can be very, very, VERY deceiving with the way they word their email.
2. This can NEVER be overstated but never, never, NEVER give out VITAL INFORMATION to any one or any company apart from those whom you personally know.
3. Sometimes, the simplest reminders are the ones over looked. In the end, they’re the ones who cause the biggest headaches. For those have received the HOAX email and are not sure what it’s all about, please visit our website or drop us a message at [email protected].
Thanks for your patience and we apologize for any inconvenience, this is a major stub on our toe and we’re limping at the moment but for sure, WE’RE STILL WALKING….
Ivan Man Dy
Old Manila Walks
P.S. Thank you Anton of Our Awesome Planet for helping disseminate our message. Over the last few days, we have received over 30 text messages and phone calls confirming this HOAX email. Thank you to all those who took time to inform us.
GREEN HAT SEO Practices
in support of the Blog Action Day
It is NOT about the money, it is about following GREEN SEO best practices to protect the internet environment. I firmly believe that protecting the environment begins with the mindset and values of each person. Bloggers, in particular, should start with themselves and follow these GREEN SEO best practices suggestion:
1. Don’t Pollute the Internet with crappy and spamy sites. Why create an adsense site that does not contribute and make a difference in the internet? Instead create websites that would live forever and people will remember you even after you die. Start an advocacy campaign on things that you are passionate about.
2. Follow the Google Terms of Service. I’ve been slapped once by Google for still unknown reasons and I was put on the secondary index. It could be that I violated Google’s TOS and since I’m back in the SERPS, I learned not to ever violate it in whatever form.
3. Don’t sell the soul of your blog for a link to spammy sites. Would you link to a crappy site for $100? Most of us would but if you can resist that temptation, it is a good way to reinforce your self discipline. Don’t link or support ads from porn related sites.
4. Buy only licensed product and Don’t violate Copyright. Do you download pirated software or pirated music on the net? Or maybe, you set up a lyrics site that violate copyright? Do you download all rights reserved photos and use it on your own? Do you plagiarize? It starts with you and resist that temptation to violate the natural laws of what ever you believe in.
5. Don’t comment just to put a link to your blog. Why spam the comments section just to put a link back to your site? To increase your technorati ranking on your own? If you need to link, link to the permalink of a blog post. Or those people who spam the forums creating two login accounts and create a fight between the two login accounts just to create a link to your blog? Let nature takes it course. If you have good content, links will follow.
6. Be honest about your identity. Be a man and don’t put anonymous identity in the comments section. If you have a point of view put a valid email address and not just a generic email like [email protected], etc.
7. Support worthy causes like Blog Action Day. Evil only wins if the good people don’t act. Support advocacy like Blog Action Day, Filipina writing project, Sports for a cause activities, etc.
8. Donate your adsense earnings to organization that protect the environment. It is NOT all about the money. You have to give back to the environment in your own way. Believe me it will return to you a hundred fold.
9. Don’t go to porn sites. Trekkie Monster once said that the Internet is for Porn and a lot of guys would laugh. You’ll just be populating your browser cache with such junk if you patronize these porn sites. This is the ultimate self-discipline test for any bloggers out there.
10. Teach your children about Green Hat SEO practices. Everything starts when you are young. By about 3+, I’m sure Aidan would start blogging and I’ll start to teach him the right way to do it. He knows texting and blogging words already and he would often tell us No Text or No Blog when he wants to play with us and even close our laptop and get our cellphones.
Any other suggestions?
In Celebration of the first ever National Thank You in the Philippines on Oct. 20, I’m launching an art project campaign on saying the most creative “Thank You.” I’m launching ThankYou.PH to say creative thanks to all the people that influenced and help me in my blog. This will be an ongoing campaign that would last forever (naks 🙂
ThankYou.PH is an ongoing community art project where people send their Thank You to show a simple appreciation to friends, family and love ones in a creative way. This was inspired by the National Thank You Day. Just email your creative Thank You to [email protected].
Your email subject will be the blog post title, and the email body will be the blog post text. Just attach photos to provide a creative spin to your post. All emailed posts will be posted to the blog immediately (isn’t that great?). You can use the permalink and send it to the person you want to say, “Thank You.”
What’s in it for you if you join the Thank You Art Project?
1. For all those people who would send their “Thank You” to [email protected] before Oct. 20, will get (2) FREE tickets to the national day concert on October 20 in Mall of Asia. (See more info here: National Thank You in the Philippines) Band performers include Cynthia Alexander, Reggae Mistress, Stone Free, Salindiwa, Mozzie, Hale and The Dawn.
Tickets can be claimed at: GeiserMaclang (c/o Alma Buenviaje) Unit 7C, 114 Tuscan Bldg., V. A Rufino St., Legaspi Village, Makati City Tel: 812.8828/9199, 0917.5344624. Show your thank you post in ThankYou.PH post
2. Most creative entries (top 5) before Oct. 20 will receive special prize from Toblerone (gift certificates and Toblerone products)
3. Last but not the least, I will pick the most creative thank you posts on an ongoing basis and I will give them a signed copy of “Our Awesome Planet: Philippines” the travel guide book. Ok, I have not released the book yet, but I will release it someday and I’ll make sure that the creative person gets that complimentary signed copy of the book.
Just say Thank You!
It was a good blogger’s meet-up in a soon-to-open Mrs. Fields Cookie Cafe branch in Manila Pavilion. This meet-up was organized by Jayvee and served as a formal launching of his Blog and Soul movement with a tag line “If you blog it, they will come”. All the bloggers were treated to a buffet of pasta dishes and mini-burgers, free cookie samples, Mrs. Fields own line of gelato, and a take home cookie goodies. It was a nice treat from Mrs. Fields. It did not feel like a PR event but more of an EB of sort for FREE.
Some facts about Mrs. Fields Cookie Cafe:
I love the way they are marketing the entire brand in all aspects. It was a good move to attract the blogging community. They brought it the full line of Mrs. Fields to the country and offering a wide assortment of products which include Big Cookie Cakes, Cookies N Cream Chillers, and Gelato with Mrs. Fields cookies made by Pazzo. They launched Cookie Jar which is the official local publication of Mrs. Fields in the Philippines and the first ever Cookie Club in Town. You can join by completing 10 visits with a minimum purchase of P250 pesos then availing discounts after.