BANDUNG, the capital of West Java, makes up one of the largest cities of Indonesia. Highly accessible by train from Jakarta, this weekend destination is heralded for its cultural hubs and factory outlets.
Bandoeng was previously a Dutch Colony. Its cool climate is attributed to its location on a river basin within a group of volcanic mountains. Due to its good weather and fertile soil, the Dutch established small communities and plantations in the area. The communities grew into municipalities and Bandung easily became the Parjis van Java (Paris of Java) with its luxurious hotels, cafes, restaurants, and boutiques.
By 1945, Indonesia earned its independence and the city underwent rapid growth. Scenic landscapes turned into hectic cityscapes, and quaint houses grew into high-rise buildings. Yet, Bandung is one of the most loved cities by locals and creatives.
Here’s how to make the best of your Bandung Weekend….
THE TRIP OF WONDERS INDONESIA SERIES 2016
• INDONESIA: Experience the Wonders of Indonesia on your Next Trip in 2017!
• BANDUNG: Top Must-See Destinations at The Weekend Capital of Indonesia
• BOROBUDUR TEMPLE: Experiencing the Most Wonderful Sunrise in the World!
• SASAK TRIBE OF LOMBOK: How Ancient Traditions Still Endure in the 21st Century
• KOMODO NATIONAL PARK: On Dragons, Terrific Treks & Pink Beach!
• THE ROYAL AMBARRUKMO: Rubbing Elbows with Kings & Presidents through History
• ALILA SEMINYAK: Bali’s Prime Luxury Resort Destination!