Craving for Silay delicacies? Find all of these–from piaya, inasal, and lumpia ubod, to pancit molo, batchoy, guapple pie, and pili squares–in one place!
Silay City is not just the land of wealthy hacienderos, it is also rich in history and heirloom recipes that have withstood the test of time and have become the present generation’s pride and legacy.
KAON TA! Silay Food Festival is a two-day celebration held on every Cinco de Noviembre Indepence Day Celebration at Balay Negrense Museum, the heritage house constructed by sugar baron Don Victor Fernandez Gaston. This elegant structure also serves as an iconic heritage marker for the city.
The Festival will happen on November 4-5, 2017 and KAON TA! Restaurants from all over Silay will be putting up booths on the Balay Negrense grounds and serving their most popular dishes.
The best part is when you land at Bacolod-Silay Airport, you’re just minutes away from a gastronomic journey showcasing the best of Silay City.
Here’s our food guide to what to eat in Silay and the KAON TA! Festival…
Bacolod Series in Our Awesome Planet:
• BACOLOD FOOD TRIP: Eat Like a Local in Bacolod!
• MASSKARA: Our Awesome Guide to Bacolod’s MassKara Festival!
• SILAY FOOD GUIDE: What to Eat in Silay & KAON TA! Food Festival?
• LAKAWON: Negros’ Secret Paradise Retreat & TawHai Floating Bar!
• 10 Awesome Places to Visit Around Bacolod!
• White Hotel vs. Hometown: The Old and New Backpacker Hotels in Bacolod City!
• BACOLOD PASALUBONG: What to Bring Back Home from Bacolod?