Just an hour away from Manila, this geological wonder is the smallest active volcano in the world. But despite being famous and all, we found that most Filipinos have a hard time locating the actual Crater Lake itself–So we had to figure out the reason for ourselves.
Check out Team OAP’s video on debunking the mystery of Taal Volcano…
Taal Volcano Blog Series
• A Journey into Taal Volcano’s Crater! (Photo Essay) (2017)
• Taal Volcano: Guide to 45-minute Trekking Adventure to Crater Lake (via Private Route)! (2015)
• Conquering the Taal Volcano Crater! (2006)
• Guide to Trekking Up to the Taal Volcano – world’s smallest volcano! (2005)
• Taal Volcano Crater Experience! (2005)
We checked-in at Club Balai Isabel where they offered an all-in Taal trek package with a reasonable price of P3,300, good for six pax (inclusive of boat, tour guide, environmental fee, and landing fee).
Taal Volcano is an easy 45-minute hike, and one doesn’t need to be an experienced hiker to trek it.
Fun Facts: The Taal Lake is a freshwater lake, and the Crater Lake is saltwater. You can bathe in the Crater Lake, which is believed to cure skin diseases due to the sulfur it produces. But you have to take a secret trail from another route to get there.
We loved trekking Taal Volcano! We got to enjoy our breakfast in style and were able to take some awesome shots. The nice private route we took was less hot and dusty, plus we got to enjoy nature and see a very awesome view as a reward for a tiring hike. And we got to debunk a common misconception about the location of the crater lake.
- Bring a lot of drinks (Water, Gatorade, etc.), preferably at least two
- Wear anything that can protect you from the sun (sunblock, sunglasses)
- Bring a backpack
- Wear comfortable clothes and footwear
- Eat a heavy meal
- Bring a wide lens camera to capture the volcano fully
- If you are taking the tourist route, be sure to bring a mask as it gets dusty due to the ashes from the volcano
- Bring your family or barkada for a more memorable hike 🙂
CLUB BALAI ISABEL
Lake Taal, Talisay Batangas
Telephone: +63 43 728-0307, +632 584-4068
Mobile: +63 917 872-1512
Facebook: Club Balai Isabel
TALISAY, BATANGAS SERIES:
- Guide to Trekking Up to the Taal Volcano – world’s smallest volcano!
- Taal Volcano Crater Experience!