BERLIN is known more for having the Best Turkish food (outside of Turkey) than having the best German food.
The Turks migrated to Berlin when nobody wanted to live there after WW2, and became the largest ethnic minority group in the city. The largest Turkish communities can be found in Neukölln, Kreuzberg, and Mitte.
You’ve got to try the Turkish Friday Market, Doner Kebab, and Hasir Restaurant in Kreuzberg when in Berlin…
TURKISH MARKET (Every Tuesday and Friday)
Met my travel blogger/journalist friend Barbara Woolsey (http://barbarawoolsey.com/), who lives in Berlin, but goes to Bangkok during the winter season, who showed me around the Turkish market.
(Trivia: The Arabs call it Shawarma, while the Greeks refer to it as Gyros.)
HASIR TURKISH RESTAURANT
The bread is best paired with a yummy mezze of…
Camille (http://itscamilleco.com/) doing the Instagram top shot before we start our meal. 🙂
This is the best lunch I’ve had in Berlin–super yummy and affordable! 🙂
Adalbertstraße 10, Kreuzberg, Berlin
Telephone: +49 (030) 614-2373
AWESOME BERLIN – The Best Kept Secret City of Europe Series:
- BERLIN: 10 Most Awesome Experiences for First Timers in Berlin!
- BERLIN: The Fall of the Berlin Wall–25th Year Anniversary! @VisitBerlin
- SUNDAYS IN BERLIN: Alexanderplatz, Bayernallee Filipino Mass, Mauerpark Flea Market & Lost in U-Bahn! (First Impressions of Germany)
- BERLIN BUNDESTAG: Käfer Breakfast at the Rooftop of the Reichstag Building!
- BERLIN: An Awesome Underground Supper Clubbing Experience in Berlin! @SupperClubbing
- BERLIN: Meeting SupperClub Founder at Hüttenpalast Caravan-Hotel in Hipster-District of Neukölln
- BERLIN: Hasir + Doner Kebab – The Best Turkish Food Outside of Turkey! @BarbaraWoolsey
- BERLIN: Meeting The Filipina Diplomatic Wife in Berlin over Berlin Chocolates @DiplomaticWife
- BERLIN: What I Learned from Berlin’s Best Bloggers at Max und Moritz Old Berlin Tavern?
- BERLIN: TEUFELSBERG – Abandoned Cold War-era Spy Station on top of the Devil’s Mountain!
- BERLIN: Markthalle Neun Street Food Market Thursdays @BerlinFood
- BERLIN: White Trash Fast Food – “Exotic food just like Mama used to make!”
- BERLIN: The TIM RAUE Experience – Best Chef in Berlin? (A Review)
- BERLIN: Motel One Berlin-Alexanderplatz (A Review)
- GERMAN VISA MANILA: How to Apply for Schengen Visa in the German Embassy in Manila?
Live an Awesome Life,
Disclosure: Our Berlin Trip was courtesy of the Foreign Ministry as part of the Blogger Visitors Program of the Federal Republic of Germany. I wrote this article with my own biases, opinions, and insights. Read Our Awesome Planet Complete Disclosure Policy here.
P.S. Don’t miss the Turkish food in Berlin! 🙂