BERLIN Chocolates are one of the best pasalubongs you can bring home to your loved ones or friends back in Manila.
You can follow her ongoing food and travel adventures in Berlin with a Filipina perspective.
Check out our chocolate food tripping in Berlin…
BERLIN BITES: WINTERFELDT SCHOKOLADEN
“This is one of my favourite Berlin Finds and a must visit for any chocolate lover in Berlin. This place was awarded Best Chocolate Specialty Shop in Germany 2012. With the fine selection of chocolate, it well deserves the award. TD and I have been addicted to it since our friend Isabelle took us their the first time. Our favourites are the Roc Lait (milk chocolate covered ganache with nougat), Kondierte Orangen (candied orange slices dipped in chocolate) and the chocolate covered marshmallow with wafer base. The Salted Caramel Macarons is also great. TD also loves the thick hot chocolate, and he orders it in large size. This is not for the choco-faint-hearted. You’ve been warned!”
Read more: The Diplomatic Wife | BERLIN BITES: WINTERFELDT SCHOKOLADEN
It has a smooth chocolate flavor with chewy nougat texture and just the right sweetness.
I scored pogi pasalubong points with my wife for the Roc Lait. 🙂
The candied orange slices add a tangy counterbalance to the sweet dark chocolate.
Thanks to DiploWife for sharing her favorite chocolate shop in Berlin with me! Don’t forget to follow her adventures in Berlin at The Diplomatic Wife. 🙂
Address: Goltzstraße 23, 10781 Berlin, Germany
Telephone:+49 (030) 2362 3256
Operating Hours: 9.00 am – 8.00 pm
AWESOME BERLIN – The Best Kept Secret City of Europe Series:
- BERLIN: 10 Most Awesome Experiences for First Timers in Berlin!
- BERLIN: The Fall of the Berlin Wall–25th Year Anniversary! @VisitBerlin
- SUNDAYS IN BERLIN: Alexanderplatz, Bayernallee Filipino Mass, Mauerpark Flea Market & Lost in U-Bahn! (First Impressions of Germany)
- BERLIN BUNDESTAG: Käfer Breakfast at the Rooftop of the Reichstag Building!
- BERLIN: An Awesome Underground Supper Clubbing Experience in Berlin! @SupperClubbing
- BERLIN: Meeting SupperClub Founder at Hüttenpalast Caravan-Hotel in Hipster-District of Neukölln
- BERLIN: Hasir + Doner Kebab – The Best Turkish Food Outside of Turkey! @BarbaraWoolsey
- BERLIN: Meeting The Filipina Diplomatic Wife in Berlin over Berlin Chocolates @DiplomaticWife
- BERLIN: What I Learned from Berlin’s Best Bloggers at Max und Moritz Old Berlin Tavern?
- BERLIN: TEUFELSBERG – Abandoned Cold War-era Spy Station on top of the Devil’s Mountain!
- BERLIN: Markthalle Neun Street Food Market Thursdays @BerlinFood
- BERLIN: White Trash Fast Food – “Exotic food just like Mama used to make!”
- BERLIN: The TIM RAUE Experience – Best Chef in Berlin? (A Review)
- BERLIN: Motel One Berlin-Alexanderplatz (A Review)
- GERMAN VISA MANILA: How to Apply for Schengen Visa in the German Embassy in Manila?
Live an Awesome Life,
Disclosure: Our Berlin Trip was courtesy of the Foreign Ministry as part of the Blogger Visitors Program of the Federal Republic of Germany. I wrote this article with my own biases, opinions, and insights. Read Our Awesome Planet Complete Disclosure Policy here.
P.S. If you visit Winterfeldt, make sure to check out the boutique wine shop next door selling local German wines, especially Rieslings and Rose.