OGETSU HIME is a Japanese A la Carte Restaurant specializing in Sushi/Sashimi, Teppanyaki, and Table-side Sukiyaki Cooking. Its name literally means “Goddess of Food” and is from the proponents of Saisaki and Sambokojin.
Here’s our Ogetsu Hime experience at the Sky Park in SM Aura Premier…
OGETSU HIME MENU: Teppanyaki: Meat & Poultry, Vegetables | Teppanyaki: Seafood, Foil Yaki | Sukiyaki, Yosenabe | Nimono, Ju – Mono | Robatayaki: Meat & Poutry | Robatayaki: Seafood and Vegetables | Tempura, Agemono | Chawan, Tofu | Gyoza, Noodles and Soup, Rice | Appetizers | Sashimi | Sashimi | Nigiri Sushi | Nigiri Sushi | Aburi Sushi | Temaki, Chirashi | Special Rolls | Makimono
The menu focuses on a la carte servings of local Japanese favorites. The menu price is already VAT-inclusive and surprisingly, with no additional service charge.
We like this sushi roll because of the combination of unagi, avocado, and black sesame seeds. Yum!
The Chicken Teriyaki was not bad at all — not too sweet and grilled just right.
We ordered a Seafood Teppanyaki set, and I liked the salmon and the shrimp with the teppanyaki sauce. This set is served with sauteed vegetables and hot miso soup.
Best of the bunch was the sukiyaki, which is served table-side and cooked right in front of you.
OGETSU HIME is a recommended place for foodies looking for good Japanese food at SM Aura Premier. We love their Ogetsu Hime Roll, Nabemono Table-Side Sukiyaki Cooking, and Seafood Moriawase Teppanyaki. It’s surprising that they don’t have additional service charge, so make sure to leave a very good tip.
Budget is P500-P1,000/head, depending on whether you are getting the teppanyaki and sukiyaki.
The look of the resto is a bit ordinary, and the tables and chairs aren’t anything special. But we don’t mind as long as it translates to good food and service with affordable pricing.
5F Sky Park, SM Aura Premier, McKinley Parkway cor. 26th St., Bonifacio Global City, Taguig
Operating Hours: Daily 10:00am to 10:00pm
SM AURA FOOD TRIP SERIES 2013
- SM AURA EATS: 10 Most Awesome Restaurants @SMAuraPremier in 2013!
- RAMEN NAGI “BUTAO”: Gourmet Ramen now in Manila! @SMAuraPremier
- PAUL: Boulangerie, Patisserie, Restaurant, and Salon de Thé in Manila! (First Look)
- SHINE Bakery & Cafe: Chorizo Rice & Chashu! @ShineBakeryCafe @SMAuraPremier
- OGETSU HIME: “Goddess of Food”: Japanese A la Carte Dining by the Villavicencio’s
- GREEKA KOUZINA: Greek Food & Arni Lemonato (Roast Lamb) @SMAuraPremier
- LUGANG CAFE: What to Order in the Best Contemporary Taiwanese Resto in Manila?
- TAMARIND by Chef Tum: Level Up of Jatujak Thai Resto @SMAuraPremier
- YAKITORI ONE @ FOOD ON FOUR: What’s Your Favorite Yakitori @YakitoriOne?
- YABU: The House of Katsu Hype?
- COCA Restaurant in Manila! @SMAuraPremier
Live an Awesome Life,
P.S. The Taxi Lane at SM Aura has moved to the side. You can pass through the SM Store at the ground floor to get there.