PAUL Boulangerie and Patisserie has been baking bread and pastries in France since 1889. Finally, after 124 years, they have opened a store in Manila this December 2013. Their bread is baked traditionally, hand-crafted using the best natural ingredients that are freshly flown in all the way from France.
The local franchise is owned by Ben Chan of the Bench empire. Paul Boulangerie’s flagship store in SM Aura integrates the bakery, patisserie, restaurant, and tea salon in one.
Check out Paul when you are in SM Aura…
This is very good especially when baked fresh from the kitchen.
It’s best to go in the mornings when everything is still fresh. Make sure to ask what’s cooking in the oven. 🙂
Here’s another variation, a sweet bread with Valhrona chocolate chips.
This is the favorite of my wife Rache because of the buttery brioche with sugar crystals and raisins.
Pillowy donut with chocolate powder topping, and hazelnut chocolate inside. Yum!
Paul Boulangerie Menu:
- Nos plats boulangers (Our Savory Range): Nos tartines: our open sandwiches | Nos petites faims | Nos croque-monsieur | Nos crepes et paillassons: our pancakes | Nos salades: our salads
- Nos plats du Chef (Main Courses): Nos viandes et poissons: meat and fish main courses
- Nos patisseries et desserts (Desserts and Teatime): Nos tartelettes: our fruit tartlets | Nos eclairs: our eclairs | Nos Millefeuilles: Our Napoleons and Le grand macaron | Nos tartes facon “Grand-Mere”: our grandmother style tarts and cakes | Nos cafes-desserts | Gaufre and Crepe |
- Nos viennoiseries: our freshly baked French pastries
- Nos boissons fraiches (Our cold drinks): mineral water, soft drinks, freshly squeezed fruit juices, fresh iced teas, Macarons frappes
- Nos boissons chaudes: (Our hot drinks): our coffees and teas, our cappuccinos and hot drinks, our chocolate drinks
We tried their version of Croque madame which is two loaf breads topped with cheese with farmer’s ham and sunny side up egg. Recommended for breakfast. 🙂
We tried the beef steak. The flavor is good but the meat they use has a lot of litid or ligaments.
We ordered salad and it was fresh and crispy.We realized too late that there was no need to order this since the main dishes already come with it.
For dessert, we love the big macaron!
We love PAUL‘s French café ambiance and their authentic French breads and pastries. Make sure you try the croissants, macarons, and their version of croque-madame. Best to go in the mornings when most of the goodies are fresh from the oven.
It would have been lovely if they had a nicer view or were located somewhere with an alfresco setup, instead of the current commercialized view of SM Aura’s main entrance.
Budget is P250-P500/head, depending on whether you go for merienda or breakast/lunch/dinner. It’s relatively a bit expensive.
SM Aura Premier
26th Corner McKinley Parkway Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City 1630
Telephone: +632 808-5324
Email: [email protected]
Paul Boulangerie in Bench tower opening soon along
30th St. corner Rizal Drive Crescent Park West 5 Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City
SM AURA FOOD TRIP SERIES 2013
- SM AURA EATS: 10 Most Awesome Restaurants @SMAuraPremier in 2013!
- RAMEN NAGI “BUTAO”: Gourmet Ramen now in Manila! @SMAuraPremier
- PAUL: Boulangerie, Patisserie, Restaurant, and Salon de Thé in Manila! (First Look)
- SHINE Bakery & Cafe: Chorizo Rice & Chashu! @ShineBakeryCafe @SMAuraPremier
- OGETSU HIME: “Goddess of Food”: Japanese A la Carte Dining by the Villavicencio’s
- GREEKA KOUZINA: Greek Food & Arni Lemonato (Roast Lamb) @SMAuraPremier
- LUGANG CAFE: What to Order in the Best Contemporary Taiwanese Resto in Manila?
- TAMARIND by Chef Tum: Level Up of Jatujak Thai Resto @SMAuraPremier
- YAKITORI ONE @ FOOD ON FOUR: What’s Your Favorite Yakitori @YakitoriOne?
- YABU: The House of Katsu Hype?
- COCA Restaurant in Manila! @SMAuraPremier
Live an Awesome Life,
P.S. Check out the Porche Boxster display outside Paul for the SM Aura Mastercard promotion. 🙂