JINSADAEK is a traditional Korean restaurant where you order course-menu style, set in a Hanok-inspired environment. This authentic Korean dining experience is by the same owner of RakKoJae.
If you’re looking for a truly traditional Korean meal, check out Jinsadaek at Myeong-dong…
Jinsadaek is hidden amidst the hustle and bustle of the Myeong-dong shopping district in Seoul.
Meal starts with a light hot porridge with subtle Abalone flavors, topped with sesame seeds. It’s hard to appreciate at first, but the flavor grows on you.
The dishes are served family style and meant for sharing (except for the soup which is served individually). The idea is to eat a little bit of this, a little bit of that, as in a degustation.
The beef is best eaten wrapped around the green onions, garlic, and chili. 🙂
Raw fish sashimi is often served in a traditional Korean meal. The meat of the fish used was a bit hard though.
Love this steamed shrimp! Simple flavors, simple presentation, and with just enough ingredients.
The pancake was a hit being the only carbo course so far. It tastes best with the soy sauce.
This was OK. You have to wrapp it with a thin seaweed-like leaf.
This soup was a bit refreshing. It also served as a palate cleanser.
Very flavorful soft beef. How I wish they served rice with it!
Of course, a traditional Korean meal is usually served with grilled fish.
The signature dish is raw crab served sashimi style with soybean sauce and banchan side dishes.
At this point, the side dishes are served, with individual bowls of steamed rice and miso soup.
Overall, I love the degustation course style dining experience. It gives you a better appreciation of what Korean dishes and flavors are all about. The White Kimchi and Raw Crab are must tries!
I recommend eating at least one traditional Korean meal in Jinsadaek when you visit Seoul. 🙂
JINSADAEK Traditional Korean Cuisine
2F, 50-12 Myeong-dong, Jung-gu, Seoul
Telephone: +82 2 774-9605
Hours of Operation: 11:30 am – 2:30 pm, 5:30 pm – 10 pm
Note: No parking available
Awesome Korea Experience: Be Inspired Series
- RAKKOJAE Secret Hanok Escape: An Ultimate Immersion to Korean Culture (Seoul)
- JINSADAEK: 14-Course Traditional Korean Food Experience!
- SAMGYEOPSAL: Lovin’ the Korean Grilled Pork Belly BBQ Experience…Yum!
- NAMSANGOL: Traditional Hanok Village + Seoul Millennium Time Capsule
- SEOUL TOWER: First Timer’s Guide to Namsan Seoul Tower Experience
- CHANGDEOKGUNG PALACE & JONGMYO SHRINE: Pilgrimage to Korea’s World Heritage Sites
- MYEONG-DONG & NOO NA HOL DAK: Korean Fried Chicken Dinner
- DONG-LIM KNOT MUSEUM: Learning the Art of Traditional Korean Maedeup (Knots)
- INSA-DONG: Korea’s Traditional Food & Artist Culture Street
- ITAEWON: IP Boutique Hotel & Flying Pan Korean Brunch Experience
Live an Awesome Life,
P.S. Thank you to Korean Tourism Organization of Manila for the Asian On Air Program: Asia Power Bloggers Tour of South Korea! 감사합니다 Kamsahamnida!