ITAEWON is a shopping district for local and global brands, with cool bars at night. It’s a melting pot of diverse cultures and the hip place to go for food and restaurants offering international cuisines.
We spent our last night in Korea here and how I wish we had more time to explore.
Check out the IP Boutique Hotel we stayed at and Flying Pan, one of the best brunch places in Itaewon…
“Itaewon typically refers to the street full of stores, restaurants, and stalls over 1.4 kilometers between Itaewon 1-dong and Hannam 2-dong in the east. Fashion shops specialize in various imported clothes, leather goods, fur goods, handbags, shoes, and antique furniture. Big and tall sizes unavailable in other areas are well-stocked, and experienced tailors offer customized clothes.”
(Visit Korea: The Global Community in Seoul: Global Fashions and Foods)
“Many restaurants serving international dishes are found in this area including cuisine from India, The United States, Canada, Germany, Spain, Italy,England, France and Mexico, foods that are not widely available in Korea. Essentially, it’s known as “Western Town”; reminiscent of many Chinatowns in many Western countries.”
IP Boutique Hotel
The Flying Pan Brunch
Ordered a healthy drink of Sicilian bloody red orange juice.
Love the big serving of healthy breakfast. It’s actually good for two.
For dessert, I ordered pancakes topped with slices of banana, walnuts, and creamy ricotta cheese. I just tasted some of it and brought the rest home as pasalubong for the boys. 🙂
I like the Itaewon area, with its posh hotels and cool restos. A bit expensive though if you try to convert the price to Peso. This is one place I’ll definitely come back to and my wife will surely enjoy. 🙂
Awesome Korea Experience: Be Inspired Series
- RAKKOJAE Secret Hanok Escape: An Ultimate Immersion to Korean Culture (Seoul)
- JINSADAEK: 14-Course Traditional Korean Food Experience!
- SAMGYEOPSAL: Lovin’ the Korean Grilled Pork Belly BBQ Experience…Yum!
- NAMSANGOL: Traditional Hanok Village + Seoul Millennium Time Capsule
- SEOUL TOWER: First Timer’s Guide to Namsan Seoul Tower Experience
- CHANGDEOKGUNG PALACE & JONGMYO SHRINE: Pilgrimage to Korea’s World Heritage Sites
- MYEONG-DONG & NOO NA HOL DAK: Korean Fried Chicken Dinner
- DONG-LIM KNOT MUSEUM: Learning the Art of Traditional Korean Maedeup (Knots)
- INSA-DONG: Korea’s Traditional Food & Artist Culture Street
- ITAEWON: IP Boutique Hotel & Flying Pan Korean Brunch Experience
Live an Awesome Life,
P.S. Thank you to Korean Tourism Organization of Manila for the Asian On Air Program Asia Power Bloggers Tour of South Korea! 감사합니다 Kamsahamnida!
P.P.S. Any tips on places to go to in Itaewon?