DONG-LIM KNOT MUSEUM is a showcase of traditional Korean Maedeup (Knots) Art. Here, you can also learn first-hand how to make various ornamental knots the traditional way through do-it-yourself workshops.
It was established in April 2004 by traditional knot technique master, Sim Yeong-Mi. She learned the technique from her Father-in-Law, who learned it from her Great Aunt-in-Law, a knot technician in the palace during the last Joseon Dynasty.
The museum-workshop is located in a cool neighborhood and set in the traditional hanok style.
These are examples of the different end-products of traditional Korean knot-making.
DONG-LIM KNOT WORKSHOP
11-7, Gahoe-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul-si
Telephone: +82-2-3673-2778 (Korean)
• 1330 tt call center: +82-2-1330 (Korean, English, Chinese, Japanese)
Operating Hours: Tuesday to Sunday 10:00am – 6:00pm
Note: Closed Every Monday
Admission Fees: Adult KRW 2,000 won | Children KRW 1,000 won
Related Blog Post: Dong-Lim Knot Museum (동림매듭공방)
Awesome Korea Experience: Be Inspired Series
- RAKKOJAE Secret Hanok Escape: An Ultimate Immersion to Korean Culture (Seoul)
- JINSADAEK: 14-Course Traditional Korean Food Experience!
- SAMGYEOPSAL: Lovin’ the Korean Grilled Pork Belly BBQ Experience…Yum!
- NAMSANGOL: Traditional Hanok Village + Seoul Millennium Time Capsule
- SEOUL TOWER: First Timer’s Guide to Namsan Seoul Tower Experience
- CHANGDEOKGUNG PALACE & JONGMYO SHRINE: Pilgrimage to Korea’s World Heritage Sites
- MYEONG-DONG & NOO NA HOL DAK: Korean Fried Chicken Dinner
- DONG-LIM KNOT MUSEUM: Learning the Art of Traditional Korean Maedeup (Knots)
- INSA-DONG: Korea’s Traditional Food & Artist Culture Street
- ITAEWON: IP Boutique Hotel & Flying Pan Korean Brunch Experience
Live an Awesome Life,
P.S. Thank you to Korean Tourism Organization of Manila for the Asian On Air Program: Asia Power Bloggers Tour of South Korea! 감사합니다 Kamsahamnida!