Recently we heard of sudden-death stories from friends, and you can't help but reflect if there ever was a way that it could have been prevented. If not, are you then (with apologies to airport security) a Walking Time Bomb?
As we remembered and prayed for our departed loved ones during All Saints’ Day, we need to take care of our health for the sake of our living loved ones. Once you reach the age of 35 or as you approach the big 4-0, you need to have an Annual Executive Check-up as a standard to know if you are a walking time bomb or not.
As an entrepreneur, I've been looking for a good quality but reasonably-priced Executive Check-up service for some time now. I finally found it through the recommendation of a friend.
HEALTHWAY MEDICAL offers an affordable executive check-up wellness package called HealthCheQ for only P15,000 (All-in).
I recently underwent an executive check-up in its Alabang Town Center branch which is known for its excellent customer service. They have an executive check-up lounge where you can wait in-between tests and have your breakfast too.
You have to prepare well for the Executive Check-up to have a successful result.
2-3 days prior to the exam:
- You should avoid eating red meat, fish, turnips, horse radish, broccoli, cauliflower, cantaloupe, citrus fruits and food with Vitamin C.
- Avoid also dark-colored food like chocolate and those with food coloring like gelatin & grape juice.
- It is recommended to refrain from taking aspirin and other anti-inflammatory drugs.
On the day prior to the exam:
- Have a light and fat-free meal the night before the scheduled examinations. Please take only broth/porridge without any meat and crackers; may take light snacks before 9 pm.
- NPO (nothing by mouth) starting 9 pm until the time of examinations.
- No smoking please.
On the day of the exam:
- No breakfast – not even candies, coffee, milk.
- Continue fasting until instructed by the Patient Care Coordinator.
- Avoid smoking throughout the examinations.
- For Treadmill Stress Test, please wear comfortable clothes such as jogging pants or shorts, T-shirt (preferably cotton) and rubber shoes. Also bring small towel.
- Bring the stool specimen taken in the morning – the specimen should not be contaminated with urine or toilet paper. Slightly seal the specimen bottle to allow escape of gas.
- Upon arrival at the Clinic, look for the Patient Care Coordinator.
You have to allot the entire morning for the Executive Check- up, here is a proposed schedule:
7:00 am: Blood Extraction
HealthCheckQ will provide the following blood tests included in the package:
- Complete Blood Count
- Fasting Blood Sugar
- Lipid Profile (Cholesterol, Triglycerides, HDL, LDL, VLDL)
- Bloo0d Uric Acid
- HBsAg Screening
- Blood Urea Nitrogren
- Thyroid Function – FT3, FT4, TSH
- Prostate Specific Antigen (Male Only)
For Foodies, you will know if you have early signs of diabetes or have high bad cholesterol.
7:30 am: Ultrasound (Whole Abdomen)
For Males, the following organs will be tested:
- Gall Bladder
- Urinary bladder and
For Females, the following organs will be tested:
- Gall Bladder
- Urinary bladder
- Transvaginal or Transrectal Ultrasound and
- Breast Ultrasound.
They will check your blood pressure, pulse, weight and height.
The Chest X-ray is to detect if there are problems with your lungs.
8:30 am – Breakfast!
The best part of the morning is the serving of a healthy Coffee Bean Breakfast with Hot Tea
9:00 am – Full Medical Examination
A medical doctor is assigned to interview you to know your medical history and to interpret the executive check-up results for you after. The doctor also conducts a physical examination and color blind test.
(Thanks to Dr. Eileen Perez, MD, for handling my Executive Check-up 🙂
This is the most common cardiac test to determine if there are abnormalities with the function of the heart. It uses 10 electrodes to detect the electronic impulses of the heart when the body is at rest.
This is a similar to ECG but the heart is put under stress by running on a treadmill to reach a target heart rate. In this way, it would be able to detect any abnormalities with the coronary arteries that could possibly restrict the supply of oxygen-rich blood to the heart.
The last test is creating a sonogram of the heart to detect early signs of heart diseases by using ultra sound images of the heart structures and checking the blood flow to the heart.
(Note: For women, there is an additional PAP SMEAR test)
Additional Value Added Services
11:00 am – Intense Diamond Peel
The HealthCheQ package includes an Intense Diamond Peel for your face,
… Dental Check up plus Cleaning, and
Hotel/Resort Accommodation for two (2) in Nurture Spa Tagaytay (Weekdays Only).
You can also avail the accommodation in the following partner hotels and resorts:
- Acacia Hotel in Alabang
- Midas Hotel
- The Bellevue Hotel in Alabang
- Club Balai Isabel in Talisay, Batangas, and
- Manila Hotel (you have to add P1,500).
(Note: The package also includes a One (1) Wellness Visa which is a free consultation with a Primary Care Physician for post check-up and a P200 worth of AB Pharma medicines/products for medicines you want to buy.)
For more information and clarification, feel free to contact Dr. Daguio:
Fidevina C. Daguio, MD, FPAFP
Telephone: +632 842-5538, 772-3527
Mobile: +63 917 559-1356
Overall, it is very helpful to know if you are a walking time bomb or not via an executive check- up so that you can do preventive wellness measures to improve/safeguard your health and maintain or change your lifestyle.
I love the attentive service, efficient check-up, and overall value of the HealthCheQ program.
HEALTHCHEQ Executive Check Up and Wellness Package (P15,000)
HEALTHWAY MEDICAL Alabang Town Center
2F Alabang Town Center, Alabang-Zabote Road, Alabang, Muntinlupa City
Customer Care Hotline: +632 751-4929
(The Clinic can be accessed through the Alabang-Zapote Road entrance of the mall at the back of McDonald's ATC. Parking is available near the entrance. The mall is closed before 10am so please advise the mall guard that you have an appointment with Healthway Medical. Upon reaching the mall's Activity Center area, turn to your left at Royce Chocolate stand. Please go straight until you pass the escalators and reach the elevator area, then turn to your right where you will see the Healthway Medical facade.)
Live an Awesome Life,
If you have tips on awesome food and travel destinations, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full Disclosure: I wrote this blog post myself, and it expresses my own opinions. This Wellness Series is in partnership with Healthway Medical and Nurture Spa in Tagaytay.
P.S. Tip: Have an annual executive check-up and annual detox program as a gift for yourself on your birthday.