In 2011, Bonifacio Global City (BGC) will witness the rise of four major landmarks:
- Bonifacio High Street Phase 3,
- The Mind Museum,
- Mercato Centrale Food and Organic Weekend Market, and
- St. Michael the Archangel Church.
We love BGC. We love the way it has grown to be the home of the most passionate and most artistic people in the Metro. Here are some of the rising landmarks to watch out for in 2011:
Bonifacio High Street Central (Phase 3) will have a new landscaped area double the size of the current Bonifacio High Street. It will have an interactive water plaza with an urban amphitheater and an anchor major boutique department store.
The Mind Museum will be the Philippines’ first world-class science museum. It is funded by Bonifacio Art Foundation, Inc. which raised 88% of its P 1 billion budget from 31 companies and families.
Early this year, they started to reach out to all Filipinos so that they can be part of the building process of the museum. People can donate online through its website – www.themindmuseum.org. The first two online fund raising campaign — The Light a Star in the Northern and Southern Hemisphere — were major successes.
For those who missed the first two campaigns, the Explore the Solar System campaign is now running where you can donate by buying planets (ex. P25,000 for the Earth) or lighting up a constellation (for only P1,000).
As a donor, the Mind Museum will:
1. Place your name (max 15 letters only) on their website under the corresponding virtual exhibit pieces. The virtual exhibit will last for 10 years.
2. In addition, your names will also appear in a donors’ marker in the galleries when the museum opens next year. This alone will stamp your legacy.
3. Send an electronic donor’s certificates like the one above which I did for Rache.
Light up a star now @ the Solar System @ The Mind Museum Virtual Exhibit!
Tip: You can give it as a gift to your special someone 🙂
MERCATO CENTRALE @ BGC is an innovative weekend lifestyle market located in the heart of Bonifacio Global City. We are going to provide you unique and great-tasting food finds with extensive selection of healthy and organic options. All of these will be located in a clean, comfortable and organized market setting.
This endeavor is organized by Our Awesome Planet with our friend, celebrity entrepreneur, author, editor of Uno — RJ Ledesma, and Creative Juice as the official logistics partner.
If you think you have a product and its a winner, I encourage you to launch and sell it here. We have a lot in store for our supplier-partners. As of this moment, we already have over a hundred applications approved.
For those who are interested to be a founding supplier and to have a stall at MERCATO CENTRALE @ BGC, please get in touch with Rache Diaz via email: [email protected] with subject: Interested Mercato Centrale Supplier.
Finally, BGC will have its first Catholic Church – St. Michael the Archangel Church located @ the North Triangle.
The Ultimate Taste Test 5.0 this coming November 5 aims to help in the construction of the St. Michael the Archangel Church. Tickets are all booked for this UTT 5.0 event but you can sign up for the waiting list just in case there would be vacated slots. Once you are on our mailing list, we will give you advance emails on our future Ultimate Taste Test events.
Live an Awesome Life,
Disclosure: Our Awesome Planet is a proud partner of Bonifacio Global City 🙂
I love the new BGC in Me campaign. They have five endorsers that show why BGC is the “Home of the Passionate Minds”. The endorsers are:
- Toby Claudio, out-going president of Manila Jaycees and the owner of Runnr,
- Sunshine Puey-Pengson, owner of one of our favorite restaurants – The Goose Station,
- Dr. Joven Cuanang, Medical Director, St. Luke’s Medical Center,
- Reg Yuson, Visual Artist/ Sculptor. Most of the outdoor artworks in BGC were made by him,
- Reese Fernandez, Social Entrepreneur behind Rags to Riches.