OVERALL RATING: 4.0
Total Number of Foodies who rated: 420
“Nice Layers! Perfect! Ice cream cake and Pistachio – my favorite :)”
This is my personal favorite and a genius concoction from Nowie and the FIC Summer Cafe team. There are plain sansrivals without ice cream, and sansrival-flavored ice cream, but there’s nothing like real ice cream sandwiched between meringue layers formed into a cake. It is very hard to make because each layer has to be done one step at a time.
This is like Jill Sandique’s Pistachio Sansrival; however, instead of layers of butter in between, Fruits in Ice Cream is used.
It is actually a diet-busting combination, but it’s worth every bite. Unfortunately, it is only available at FIC Summer Cafes in Alabang and Boracay. 🙁 It would be a great dessert to bring to a party or to just enjoy at home to celebrate a special occasion.
Great stuff, Nowie. 🙂 Looking forward to your future innovations!
The Story of Fruits in Ice Cream Summer Cafe
by Nowie Potenciano
It started with the dream of owning a business in Boracay, and five years ago, Nowie and Odette Potenciano went after that dream by setting up Fruits in Ice Cream (FIC) Summer Cafe on the island. FIC Summer Cafe was the first shop to offer special ice cream creations using FIC ice cream that were more than just the usual scoops. Their more popular creations include the Banoffee Sundae and Strawberry Cheesecake Sundaes that are only available in their shops. They have since left the corporate world completely and, now, they have three FIC Summer Cafes on the island (Station 2 and Station 3 beachfront) as well as shops in Cliffhouse Tagaytay, Alabang Town Center and soon in Marquee Mall, Angeles.
With their FIC Summer Cafes, Nowie and Odette have continued to introduce fun new ways to enjoy FIC’s yummy ice cream. A few months ago, they started offering ice cream-filled mochi in Alabang, and people loved it so much that from what started as limited items, they’re now permanent fixtures in their menu. They’ve also just introduced ice cream sansrival – layers of pistachio or caramelo ice cream sandwiched between buttery, nutty sansrival.
But Nowie and Odette promise not to stop there — they say they have more fun, surprising ice cream creations using only FIC up their sleeves, which are coming in the near future. 🙂
WHAT FOODIES ARE SAYING ABOUT ICE CREAM SANSRIVAL: PISTACHIO TORTE
– Very good quality
– delish! did not scrimp
– The pistachio is yummy!
– very good product
– masarap! yum!
– good combination!
– ice cream does not taste like pistachio!
– creamy & refreshing!
– heaven! just the right sweetness!
– didn’t really warm up to it…
– very good! a bit sweet though
– sansrival was not good
– really love pistachio! mah favorite!
– ok to enjoy with friends
– less sweet, but unique
– super sarap! make it available 🙂
– excellent! not too sweet 🙂
– too sweet for my taste buds
– I love the pistachio taste!
– it’s not boring/ it’s different
– I love it!!
– not too sweet
– P240 per slice might be too expensive
– I don’t like the pistachio but this was yummy
– the best!
– I like the sansrival though the pistachio flavor is strong
– two of my favorites , pistachio and sansrival
– not much of the pistachio taste
– I like the texture of the yogurt better
– so creamy
– I love FIC and this concoction
– pistachio is a great flavor, but should be crispier
– yummy pistachio ice cream
– pistachio torte
– has a weird aftertaste
– excellent taste. it could be better if (it had) crispy meringue
Ice Cream Sansrival: Pistachio Torte!
(Only available in FIC Summer Cafe stores)
In Alabang: P195/slice and P1,500 for a whole cake
In Boracay: P240/slice and P1,900 for a whole cake
Fruits in Ice Cream Summer Cafe
Contact: Nowie Potenciano
Email: [email protected]
Fruits in Ice Cream Summer Cafe Alabang Town Center & Boracay
Live an Awesome Life,
Disclosure: All the food suppliers who joined the Ultimate Taste Tests 4 provided FREE samples to 1,000 foodies. Only those suppliers who were rated 3.3 and above (by the foodies) are featured as the UTT4 winners in the blog.
P.S. We are now receiving applications for Foodie Suppliers and Event/Media Sponsors for the Ultimate Taste Test 5.0 in August. Please email [email protected] or text/call 0917-5318949.
Also, we will sell tickets to the event so that we will solve the registration line issues. 🙂 I will announce when it will be available during the first week of July. 🙂
Thank You to our Ultimate Taste Test 4.0 Sponsors:
- Ultimate Taste Test 4.0 is co-presented by San Miguel Lifestyle Brews.
- SCALA is the country’s premier paperboard packaging supplier to the food industry. They provided the cute carton trays for the Ultimate Taste Test 4.0.
- Creative Juice is the official Events and Logistics partner for the Ultimate Taste Test Events.
- Proceeds of the Ultimate Taste Test Event are for the benefit of MASED Foundation.
- Electronic Yellow Pages (EYP) is the official media partner for the Ultimate Taste Test 4.0 event.
- The event is supported by Oishi, Ampalaya Plus, and Asia United Bank.