The Philippine Travel Fair is the Best Domestic Travel Fairs in the country where you can find cheap tickets, very good deals from airline, hotels, and resorts. All of the major tourist destinations in the country are represented in this travel fair. It is usually held around September and this year it happens Sept. 12-14, 2008 in Megatrade Hall in Megamall.
Here are some tips to maximize your P50 entrance fee to this travel fair:
1. Decide on the places you want to go for vacation next year in the Philippines. Prioritize going to the booth of the places you want to visit. You can already get all the travel information you need to plan your vacation next year. The resorts offer as much as 20-50% discounted rates depending on the destination. There is a lot of clutter in the trade fair and you will be confused if you don’t have a set destination in mind.
2. Leverage expert travel resources in the travel fair to enhance your travel research. I’m planning a trip to Anini-Y and Butuan/ Surigao del Sur at the end of the month. Most of the local travel tourism officers are in the travel fair. I was able to do my research in less than 1 hours. I also was able to establish connections with the local people in that place.
3. Benchmark Travel Packages. I’m exploring the possibility of creating the best travel packages to certain destinations and offer it in OAP. It is easy to do a national benchmark of all the travel packages from different travel operators. Most people would collect all of the brochures and marketing materials from the different booths.
4. Best time to go is when the travel fair opens. Allot 3 hours just to go around the entire travel fair.
5. Reward the best booth by voting with your sticker. There is a competition for best booth that is why most of the booths are creative and done well. You can vote by putting your sticker on the booth that you like.
I was a bit disappointed that most of the deals are for travel during the off peak season and before the year ends. I was expecting to find a travel package offer that I can’t resist but it failed to meet my expectation. For those who went to the travel fair, can you share the best deal you bought in the travel fair?
Text and Photos by Anton Diaz. Copyright 2008.