Exit Traffic after the World Pyro Olympics last Saturday Jan. 7, 2007
There will be lots of people on the 12th, Friday and definitely on Saturday, the last day of the World Pyro. Friday schedule is Denmark and Canada and on Saturday, it would be China and the much-awaited Philippines fireworks show.
1. Don’t park in MOA or near MOA if you want to escape early after the fireworks show. There will be a mass exodus of people and the traffic will be a lot worse since it is a Friday gimmick night and even on a Saturday Night. I’m surprised by people parking in the MOA area and then later on complain of the exit traffic afterwards.
2. I suggest that you park in Blue Wave and HK Sun Plaza. You just walk to Esplanade and Mall of Asia and it is an easy cool walk. Just make sure that you walk with your friends.
3. Bring Water, Flashlight and Extra Clothes if you plan to go near the Esplanade.
4. Mobile/ SMS signal can be unreliable within the esplanade area so don’t depend on it. Agree on a meeting place and time with the groups you are going to meet.
5. It would be fun eating while watching the fireworks. Here are suggested restaurants: Highland Steakhouse, Azul, Gerry’s Grill both in MOA and Blue Wave and Josefina / Seaside Macapagal Restaurants.
6. Fireworks usually start at 8-8.30pm and the second one at around 9-9.30pm. On the last day, expect that there will be some delays.
7. If you are a photographer, you should be in MOA to get the best spots at around 5-6pm. Most of the people arrive 7pm so avoid this mad rush of crowd.
8. If you are not interested with Fireworks at all, avoid CCP, Roxas Boulevard, and Mall of Asia area. Expect that traffic to last starting from 6pm to 12mn.
9. We need to cheer for the Philippines and support our own! Go this Saturday to support the Philippines and see the much awaited China show which should be a prelude to the Beijing Olympics.
10. Join us on Friday and Saturday, We will be in the Special Viewing Area at P500. I have a few tickets with me and it is already sold out. Email me @ [email protected]