Finally, wholesaler Makro Pilipinas opened their 14th store right at the heart of Makati last Oct. 25. If you have not heard the news, membership is now FREE and it is easy to become a member. and you might want to check out this makati branch while the opening promotion is on-going until Nov. 7. However, for the Makro virgins out there, I would like to give you a view on making your first visit to Makro a smooth and pleasant one.
1. Makro Makati’s parking is in the first floor with entrances along Finlandia and along Osmena Highway. The store is located near the skyway ramp in Buendia.
2. Always check out the fresh section where you will get the best bargains and quality products. Try the Cagayan Letchon and P99 Roasted Chicken.
3. Makro has those big shopping carts that are PULLED and feels heavy when pushed. This is the common mistake of most first time shoppers. I’m glad that the Makati branch already has a few of those normal shopping cart found in most supermarket stores.
4. Only BPI express credit card (burgundy color) is accepted as credit. You can also pay via BPI’s Electronic Payment System. If you don’t have both, you have to pay Cash.
5. Shopping bags are not free. They are sold for P5 each so if you have extra ones at home, please make sure to bring one.
6. Check out the Makro mail before going to the store, or make sure that you avail of the relevant promos that you need.
7. The target shopper of Makro are the sari-sari stores and being a wholesaler, you can find products at the cheapest price but you need to buy in bulk. Just like shopping in Pricesmart except that there are not a lot of imported US products here.
8. Always visit the newly opened store during the first week to take advantage of the opening promotions. There would be 10+ more stores that will be opened, so watch out for Makro in your neighborhood.