Awesome Spa!! I'm going back for more.
It's been a while since I've blog about stuff in our awesome manila because we have alot of offsite meetings in the office (which I don't usually blog about them). Last Sunday, I took the opportunity to check this famous day spa @ the heart of the malate area. I was flabbergasted by the beauty of the filipino inspired spa inside a spanish old house in Malate. This is really fantastic and just in the heart of the adriatico circle.
I've been a spa addict ever since and in fact we still have a spa membership in Westin Philippine Plaza Spa and Suriya Spa across Gold's Gym in Glorietta. While in Suriya, I've read in one of the spa magazines all the best spa in Manila and the previous two spa was mentioned (Westin Spa and Suriya @ Intercon). Mandarin Spa is also mentioned that is in my next list to visit but what surprises me is the mention of Sanctuario in Malate. Yes, another sanctuario but not the resto in Tagaytay but a day spa. What makes me interested in this spa, is the famous Roberto Nacario who is a true manghihilot who uses a coconut oil made by him during good friday and a menthol oil that is really icy soothing. Enough with the background, but for all those spa addicts out there here is my review on Sanctuario:
1. Try out the Banahaw Mystique! I guarantee you that it is a totally different spa experience that is truly Filipino I should say. You start of by have a shower, steam, sauna and enjoy the different open air pools in aquaria. Then you take a dip in a wooden bath tub with hot water of Pito Pito. After this you get an authentic Hilot Remedial Therapy by Tatang Robert. He is also performing the Bentosa (also called suction cups) which involves "sucking of certain acupoints in negative pressure environment" to clean your system, activate blood flow, stimulate nerve systems. Then you finish off with Dagdagay which is an authentic Filipino Tribal foot massage using bamboo sticks. Total damage is P1,550 which is not bad considering the number of treatments for 2 hours.
2. Roberto Nacario is a must! He is on a by appointment basis only so you should call or set an appointment via the website. Yes, the website appointment system actually works. He is a down to earth guy who is part time manghihilot and in the morning drives a jeepney. Also, expect that his hands would be rough already and he is already mid 50's but the pressure is the best. He would give you alot of insights on alternative healing. He is also available on home service basis @ P500 per visit. His cell number is 0919-2551151 for home service appointments.
Sanctuario is a full blown spa, salon and restaurant also. To give you an idea about the massage prices, aromatheraphy goes for P1,020, and reflexology/shiatsu by P780. Check out their entire line up of services.
Recommended. I'm sure that if you are a spa addict, you should have been already to Nurture Spa since its already their 3rd year in operation. This was my second time to Nurture and I brought along my brobo (who is a certified spa addict) before he goes back to the states. Here are some tips to enjoy your trip to nurture:
1. Massage (Just OK) I can remember during my first visit that there was a steam bath before going to the actual massage but apparently it was not part of the signature massage anymore. The Aruga Signature Body Massage was just OK. It was not spectacular and I think it was not worth the average price of P1,000. But I guess, you are also paying for the ambiance and cool weather.
2. Tips. Average tip is P100 and you have an option to charge it to your passport or pay it upfront with your massage therapist.
3. Don't eat there. One of our mistake in going on a day trip in Nurture, is taking the massage and meal package. The salads are not fresh, the mushroom soup tastes from the can and there are no fruits for dessert (only a small slice of cheesecake). Talk about eating healthy and nurturing yourself with the right nutrinients.
4. Always ask for ongoing promotions. There are alot of promotions, discounts and packages that you can avail to save you money. There is a 10% bday discount, a 15% Mabuhay miles discount or a rejuvination package for two.
Nurture Tropical Spa
Barangay Maitim II West, Tagaytay City Tel +6346-4130804/ 05
Reservations: +632 8300876/ 77