About the Founder & Author:
Anton Diaz is the founder of Our Awesome Planet, the #1 Food and Travel Blog in the Philippines and co-founder of Mercato Centrale, successful weekend night food market in Manila. Read more
My Favorite Blog Post Series:
- AWESOME DUMAGUETE: A Weekend Getaway Itinerary to the Best of Dumaguete!
- BAGUIO: Top 10 Most Awesome Restaurants in Baguio (2016 Edition)!
- BEST OF BOHOL 2016: 7 New Awesome Experiences You Should not Miss!
- CALAGUAS: The Waling-Waling Eco Resort Experience...
- SAGADA Itinerary: Definitive Food & Travel DIY Guide to Sagada (2017)!
- PAMPANGA: Top 10 Most Awesome Restaurants in Pampanga! (2016)
- ROMBLON: 8 Awesome Places You Should Visit in Romblon!
- CEBU Like Never Before! (10 Most Awesome Experiences)
- 11 BIGGEST BUSINESS TRENDS in the Philippines 2014! (*Must Read for Every Filipino Entrepreneur)
- FESTIVAL GUIDE to the 10 Most Awesome Fiestas of the Philippines!
CREATIVE COMMON LICENSE
Our Awesome Planet by Anton Diaz is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
I've been to Bangkok a number of times, but this is the first time I'm exploring the real flavors of Thailand beyond the touristy and cliché establishments.
My food blogger friends Mark and Ying Wiens of EatingThaiFood.com introduced us to their favorite hidden place for kuay teow reua or boat noodles in Bangkok.
Here's a photo essay of our experience...
I'm back again from another trip, but this time it was a business trip to Bangkok, Thailand. I was flabbergasted when I saw Bangkok now has their own Subway!! Can you believe it?! It looks like and feels like the subway of Singapore and it is designed for huge volume of people traffic. This is a good move specially to decongest the main streets of bangkok which reminds me of Avenida Ave. and Taft Avenue where the streets are narrow and MRT (metro rail transit) above the street. The subway was very convenient to move from Pat Pong to the Suan Lum Night Market and I was amazed that Thais started to commute now vs. using cars because it is convenient and you avoid the traffic. I do hope that I get to see the day that Philippines would have our own Subway, people would prefer to commute vs. bringing their own cars, and start the culture of walking!
It was a refreshing trip because I get a dose of Authentic Thai Massage and never-ending Shopping! Of course, I don't like shopping very much but I like visiting new places either to eat, shop, or have a massage!