The Grand Thrift House is the home of vintage items, nostalgia and kitsch in Manila. They have several old copies of Wakasan (the dramatic comic magazine made by Carlo J. Caparas) and other discontinued Filipino comic magazines. It is a very interesting shop -- you need to have an eye for what is valuable to cut through the clutter.
Cubao eXpo: The Next Evolution Series
Heima is one of the indie stores that recently opened in Cubao eXpo. It provides homey, classy, contemporary designs described as "heimish". The store name is said to be Icelandic for "at home". It showcases weird and bold color combinations that work, and different shapes and patterns that provide a warm ambiance. Perhaps the most coveted items in Heima are the call-out shelves on the second floor (the My Apartment showroom).
Read the Enjoy Card Related Blog Post: 10 Best Deals from Enjoy Philippines!
Check out the Biggest Bargain Blog for Bargains you surely don't want to miss! I tried to collect the awesome ones and some cool Christmas Campaigns on the internet. Please share with me your biggest bargain secret in Manila! Email me at email@example.com.
I'm doing a soft launch of The Biggest Bargain Blog (BBB). I'm separating all my blog posts about Manila's best bargains and deals in the BBB Blog. This is where I also put some of my commercial posts and attractive promotions from different companies that are worth mentioning.
If you noticed, I'm launching sub-blogs under the Our Awesome Planet franchise. As promised, I am keeping the Main OAP blog focused on Food and Travel Secrets. You can subscribe separately for The Biggest Bargain blog. I also put a link on the right sidebar for easy access to the blog.
Please feel free to let me know if you have feedback or other suggestions.
Text and Photos by by Anton Diaz. Copyright 2008.
Mobile: +63917-LOVEOAP (5683627)
About the Founder & Author:
Anton Diaz is the founder of Our Awesome Planet, the #1 Food and Travel Blog in the Philippines and co-founder of Mercato Centrale, successful weekend night food market in Manila. Read more
My Favorite Blog Post Series:
- AWESOME DUMAGUETE: A Weekend Getaway Itinerary to the Best of Dumaguete!
- BAGUIO: Top 10 Most Awesome Restaurants in Baguio (2016 Edition)!
- BEST OF BOHOL 2016: 7 New Awesome Experiences You Should not Miss!
- CALAGUAS: The Waling-Waling Eco Resort Experience...
- SAGADA Itinerary: Definitive Food & Travel DIY Guide to Sagada (2017)!
- PAMPANGA: Top 10 Most Awesome Restaurants in Pampanga! (2016)
- ROMBLON: 8 Awesome Places You Should Visit in Romblon!
- CEBU Like Never Before! (10 Most Awesome Experiences)
- 11 BIGGEST BUSINESS TRENDS in the Philippines 2014! (*Must Read for Every Filipino Entrepreneur)
- FESTIVAL GUIDE to the 10 Most Awesome Fiestas of the Philippines!
CREATIVE COMMON LICENSE
Our Awesome Planet by Anton Diaz is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.