About the Founder & Author:
Anton Diaz is the founder of Our Awesome Planet, the #1 Food and Travel Blog in the Philippines and co-founder of Mercato Centrale, successful weekend night food market in Manila. Read more
My Favorite Blog Post Series:
- AWESOME DUMAGUETE: A Weekend Getaway Itinerary to the Best of Dumaguete!
- BAGUIO: Top 10 Most Awesome Restaurants in Baguio (2016 Edition)!
- BEST OF BOHOL 2016: 7 New Awesome Experiences You Should not Miss!
- CALAGUAS: The Waling-Waling Eco Resort Experience...
- SAGADA Itinerary: Definitive Food & Travel DIY Guide to Sagada (2017)!
- PAMPANGA: Top 10 Most Awesome Restaurants in Pampanga! (2016)
- ROMBLON: 8 Awesome Places You Should Visit in Romblon!
- CEBU Like Never Before! (10 Most Awesome Experiences)
- 11 BIGGEST BUSINESS TRENDS in the Philippines 2014! (*Must Read for Every Filipino Entrepreneur)
- FESTIVAL GUIDE to the 10 Most Awesome Fiestas of the Philippines!
CREATIVE COMMON LICENSE
Our Awesome Planet by Anton Diaz is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
The LONDON EYE is the iconic giant Ferris Wheel on the South Bank of the River Thames in London, also known as the Millennium Wheel.
It is Europe's tallest Ferris Wheel at 135 metres (443 ft) in height and a wheel diameter of 120 metres (394 ft). It's a popular British icon that even my boys know about and want to ride someday.
It's fun to ride it as a group. Our Philippine media delegation actually occupied an entire capsule! :)
Here's a photo essay of our London Eye experience...
COVENT GARDEN is a historic building converted into a shopping centre in 1980. It's famous for its cute cafes, pubs, small stalls, a craft market called Apple Market, and a tiangge called Jubilee Hall.
It's popular among Filipinos looking for a bargain and a cool place to eat before watching a show on the West End. According to Pepper, this is also the best place for Forex if you're looking for a high exchange rate for your dollar.
Check out our Covent Garden experience...
PORTERS is what I imagined a traditional English Pub experience would feel like. It's located near Covent Garden, a popular shopping and tourist site on London's West End, also know as the Theatre District.
Here's a peek at our experience...
We had the opportunity for a quick lunch at Tuttons, and here's an overview of our experience...