"Tucked into a corner of one of San Pablo's still-genteel family compounds, Casa San Pablo is a cozy country inn surrounded by Baguio-like pine trees and sprawling lawns. It is country charm that lures visitors here-- portable hammocks make for moveable feasts, lounging chairs looking out into a grove of young palm trees, and the swimming pool is surrounded by hundred-year-old trees. At night, pathways are lined with candlelight and mats are laid out on the lawn for moon gazing.
"Avid art collector and hobby enthusiast Boots Alcantara and his wife An Mercado-Alcantara, writer and magazine editor, run Casa San Pablo. The main cottage, with its eight bedrooms, reflects their pursuit of contemporary and folk art, eclectic junk-turned-art and literary collections. Each bedroom is designed with wit-- Laguna papaer mache' horses, miniature cars, seashells, auto parts, and clay leaves. It is the ideal getaway for those looking for a change to recharge their creative energies and re-learn to look at the world with new childlike wonder." (Casa San Pablo Official Website: www.casasanpablo.com)
This is one of the best jump off point for you to discover the Viaje Del Sol Destinations. Don't get lost with the flowery words of the marketing brochure and website. I'll share with you what Casa San Pablo really is:
- This is my favorite bed and breakfast place if I would decide to stay overnight in the San Pablo area. Other options would be Kinabuhayan Cafe, and Villa Escudero.
- This is a writer's haven where you can get inspiration from the eclectic rooms, or decide to be alone in one corner of the inn. Although, this is a popular spot for team building these days so you might have a rowdy crowd at times.
- A swimming pool that nobody dares to swim in it probably because it is not inviting enough.
- The owners are very friendly. A bed and breakfast place that would ensure you feel at home. I've featured Casa San Pablo last October 2005 but this was my first time to stay in Casa San Pablo but I knew then that this was a special place.
- The best package is their OVERNIGHT STAY WITH BREAKFAST. Rates are on a per head basis including breakfast. There are rooms that can fit 2-4 people (P1,500/head) or 5pax and above (P1,100/head). The best rooms are those on the second floor so don't forget to specify that or else they would assign other rooms for you.
- The breakfast is one of the unique Filipino breakfast I have ever tasted. So don't miss this unique Filipino treat.
Casa San Pablo -- Cozy Place for a Retreat