Log Cabin has made a name for itself as a favorite among both locals and tourists in Sagada. This rustic home was transformed into a bar, restaurant, and then lodge in the 90’s by Dave and Janice Gulian.
In its early stages, Log Cabin was a bar exclusively for foreign dignitaries. Food was incorporated into the menu after Dave and Janice returned from Switzerland and experimented with the European palate. A fusion of European and Filipino elements eventually made up the 5-set menu we know today.
Log Cabin is most recognized for its Saturday buffets prepared by French Chef, Philippe Heyer, who has had more than two decades of culinary experience all over the world. Alas, Chef Aklay (his Igorot name) is no longer part of the Log Cabin Family, but the buffet still carries on every week.
• SAGADA Itinerary DIY: The Road to Sagada (2017) @FordPhilippines
• YOGURT HOUSE SAGADA: Best Breakfast Place in Sagada! (2016 Review)
• GAIA Sagada Cafe: That Famed Cafe in "That Thing Called Tadhana" (Review)
• SAGADA CELLAR DOOR: Agadulay's Kitchen Igorot Dinner and Sagada Craft Beer Experience! (A Review)
• LOG CABIN: A Cozy Retreat in Sagada (A 2016 Review)
• LUMIANG TO SUMAGUING CAVE: Conquering Sagada's Cave Connection!
• SAGADA DEATH RITUALS: On Hanging Coffins, Panag-Apoy and Echoes of Old Igorot Traditions
• SAGADA'S MARLBORO: Basking in a Sea of Clouds at Kamanbaneng Sunrise Peak! (Photo Essay)
• SAGADA ORANGE PICKING Guide at Rock Farm Inn (Photo Essay)
• BIYAHEROES: The Best Online Bus Booking Platform in Manila! Try it!