Text by Paul Wenceslao, Photos and Video by JR Velasquez
Mercato Centrale, the country’s premier chain of food markets, has served as a launch pad for a plethora of successful food establishments, such as Manang’s Chicken, Spring and Chuck’s Grub among others. Recently, it held a competition for budding food entrepreneurs, doling out a much needed avenue for them to flesh out their gastronomic ideas: The Next Big Food Entrepreneur (NBFE).
This year’s roster of participants, coming up with a diverse lineup of savory delights and desserts, were given an opportunity to showcase their food creations and test the market, and many of them were able to leave good impressions to the buying public. In joining the Next Big Food Entrepreneur, everyone’s a winner; however, in the spirit of competition, there were four that stood out.
The Next Big Food Entrepreneur Winner 2014 series:
- The Next Big Food Entrepreneur: A Hotbed of Food Entrepreneur Startups in Manila! @MercatoCentrale
- The Next Big Food Entrepreneurs: The Four Big Winners @MercatoCentrale
- BAKMI NYONYA: Best Indonesian Cuisine in Manila!
- BIGOROTS: Bicol + Igorot Heritage Cuisine by Pinoy Master Chef JR Royol!
- TURONNE DE MANILA CAFE: Best Pinoy Dessert Innovation!
- HUNGER BUSTER: Best Affordable Gourmet Burgers in Manila!