Manila is crazy about spicy food these days, and it's just the right time to introduce MODERN SICHUAN, the first modern Sichuan-themed restaurant in Manila. Sichuan is my favorite among all the Chinese cuisines because of its unique hotness and distinctive flavors.
Sichuan usually refers to the cuisines from Chengdu, Chongqing, Leshan, Neijang, and Zigong in China. Sichuan uses three peppers: red chili peppers, black peppercorns, and hua jian (Sichuan Peppers) vs. Hunan cuisine which just uses chili. Hua jian peppers provide the malasensation-anaesthetic effect experienced when the peppercorn flavor makes contact with the saliva feeling your tongue numb to the chili.
Modern Sichuan also carries the Modern China menu for those who don't like spicy food. The menu is overwhelming and offers unique dishes that you can't find in any Chinese restaurant.
Here are the dishes that we love and recommend in Modern Sichuan:
What's New in BGC Restaurants in 2013?
- VASK: Traditional Basque Cuisine and Modern Gastronomy @VaskManila
- EARLY BIRD Breakfast Club: Start of the All-Day Breakfast Era in Manila?
- IHOP Philippines: Manila Goes Crazy Over IHOP? @IHOP_PH
- GYU-KAKU Philippines: World's No.1 Yakiniku Japanese BBQ Brand now in Manila :)
- MAD FOR GARLIC Philippines: Italian Korean Wine Resto (and Garlic Breath)
- MESCLUN BISTRO by Chef Katrina Kuhn-Alcantara in Serendra
- SABOTEN Philippines: The Original Tonkatsu Flavor Now in Manila!
- URBN BAR & KITCHEN: The Secret Yummy Food of URBN
- BRASSERIE GIROLLE by Chef Ian Padilla
- K-PUB BBQ: Meat All You Can at K-Pop-Themed Resto :)
- MAGOSABURO: Mago Kaiseki & Japanese Wagyu Steak on Lava Stone with Wine Pairings!
- MODERN SICHUAN: A Taste of Sichuan Cuisine and Modern Chinese Food