I'm super excited for 2014 because it's a pivotal year for the Philippines in terms of technology, life stages, and starting a new cycle of business innovations.
When I was giving a talk to entrepreneurs about how I started OAP and related businesses, one person noted that the single most important success factor in my businesses was spotting trends before they peak and acting on it.
For the first time, I'm sharing with you the 11 Biggest Trends in 2014 that would significantly impact and shape the business landscape in the Philippines...
We just completed Maven Secrets 3.0, and due to insistent demand, I'm launching Maven Secrets 4.0 from August to November 2010.
I would like to invite you to join this 90-day program. Here are 4 Powerful Reasons Why You Should Join Maven Secrets 4.0:
1. Be part of the Last Maven Secrets. This will be the LAST coaching/mastermind face-to-face group that I will be conducting for the year. If you want to capitalize on the Internet Marketing Boom in 2011, now is the time to set up your internet marketing business.
2. Attend IM-BC 2010 for FREE. You can attend the two-day Internet Marketing Boot Camp 2010 for FREE (worth P12,294) as an early registration bonus for the Maven Secrets 4.0 Program.
Contest Duration: July 12, Monday, 12.00am to July 25, Sunday, 11.59pm
I'm often asked variants of this question: What camera / hosting / tools do you use for blogging?
So, for this blog post, I would like to share my answer to that question with you, but I also want to know what blogging tools you use.
As an incentive, the best answer (via the comments section, blog post or Facebook entry) will win my favorite Flip Ultra 120 HD 120 minutes! Thanks to Flip Camera Manila Distributor for sponsoring the prize for the contest!
My Top Blogging Tools
I'm a proud Globe subscriber ever since -- 0917-LOVEOAP (5683627).
There is a special blogging client called ECTO (for MAC only) where you can blog offline and just publish your post when you are online. Also, ECTO can manage multiple blogs in multiple platforms.
I would recommend you also use a separate photo hosting tool like Flickr instead of just uploading your photos to your own server or hosting platform.
That's it! Now it's your turn. What are the top tools you use for blogging?
To officially enter the contest, just put your answer or link your answer in the comments section of this blog post. Deadline for the contest is on July 25, Sunday, 11.59pm. :)
for all the great entries! It was actually very very hard to choose. I
didn't expect a lot of people to join so thank you all for joining! I learned a lot from the entry of the winner and it made me rethink
the webhosting I use and the putting watermarks on my photos. You should
read the winning entry. Congratulations Charo, you just won a Flip Ultra HD Camera! To claim, just email my wife [email protected] and we will arrange a meet-up :)
Thanks for all the great entries! It was actually very very hard to choose. I didn't expect a lot of people to join so thank you all for joining!
I learned a lot from the entry of the winner and it made me rethink the webhosting I use and the putting watermarks on my photos. You should read the winning entry.
Congratulations Charo, you just won a Flip Ultra HD Camera! To claim, just email my wife [email protected] and we will arrange a meet-up :)
As a runner up, I need to mention this post because I like it:
Cher Cabula's Mindbox My Top Blogging Tools
Live an Awesome Life,
Disclosure: We are distributors of the Flip Ultra
The Flip Ultra HD camera selling price is at P9,995. Yes, it is now locally available in Manila! Just email my wife at [email protected] or text/call her +63917 5318949 if you are interested. Ask for the special OAP friend discount. :)
P.S. Join Maven Secrets 4: A 90-day Internet Marketing and Professional Blogging Program!
( My freelance writer friends are launching their first How to Jumpstart Your Freelance Writing Career Workshop this coming Saturday, April 24. They are among the best Freelance Writers in the country today. I've asked them to share some of their learnings with OAP readers. Enjoy! )
Like any other business, you need to organize a working system to manage your own freelance career – all three of us found that out the hard way. We want to share with you what we have learned from our personal experiences, so you’ll know what mistakes to steer clear of and what to do about it. Here are 10 tips to help you become more successful as a freelance writer.
1. Never take contracts for granted. As a freelancer, the only person who can ensure your financial and professional security is yourself. Pay special attention to contracts and terms of reference, and don't be satisfied with simple verbal agreements. Learn to operate like a small business and keep yourself protected from abusive colleagues or from lawsuits from clients.
2. Be clear about the scope of work. It's easy to assume your scope of work when you're simply writing an article for a publication. However, the minute you start taking on larger projects with more tasks and more coordination work (managing a publication, for example), be clear about your scope of work and expectations from both your clients and team mates. Never assume anything and always put terms, conditions, and payment agreements in black-and-white.
3. Even when dealing with friends, be professional. It's easy to cross professional boundaries when dealing with friends whom you've known for a long time and whom you trust. However, when it comes to freelancing and managing your own micro-enterprise, you need to draw professional lines. Let friends sign contracts and agreements, prepare payment vouchers, mind your paperwork, do everything professionally.