Our Awesome Planet in partnership with Caltex presents Awesome Journey to Bicol Infographics:
(Download: Awesome Journey to Bicol PDF File for Printing)
Awesome Journey Infographics Series:
- PAGUDPUD: Your Awesome Journey to Pagudpud (Infographic)
- BICOL: Awesome Journey to Bicolandia (Infographic)
- PAMPANGA: Your Awesome Journey to Pampanga Food Trip (Infographic)
- TAGAYTAY: Your Awesome Journey to Tagaytay Food Trip (Infographic)
- BAGUIO: Your Awesome Journey to Baguio Food Trip (Infographic)
written by Anton Diaz for the Awesome Life Planner 2012
Unique cuisine, fun adventure destinations and the ever-majestic Mayon Volcano await you in Bicol. The best time to go would be during the summer months when you can also travel all the way to Donsol to swim with the whale sharks. To get to Naga or Legazpi City, you can take a 12-hour road trip or a one-hour plane ride from Manila.
8 Compelling Reasons to Visit Bicol
1. Climb Mayon Volcano!
When we were kids, we often drew volcanoes as perfect triangles with perfect cones. Beholding Mayon Volcano, as it towers over the Bicol region, is like seeing those childhood drawings come to life. You can hike the lava trail or go up to the halfway point of Mayon. The best viewpoints are in Daraga Church and the zipline in Lingon Hill.