On March 26, we were invited to take part in secret dinner party which is one of the trends sweeping across the globe.
SUSI is a green gastronomy, plant-based restaurant by Bianca Mabanta with a 100% vegan and gluten-free menu. It's located beside the most carnivorous restaurant in Burgos Circle in BGC--Burgers & Brewkies. #contrast #irony
The concept was inspired by Bianca's passionate conviction for sustainable living, by being vegan by choice and not using any leather products. It was also driven by necessity as she cannot eat anything with gluten because of Coeliac disease.
"Susi" is tagalog for key, which is in line with their vision of unlocking the secret to sustainable living.
I was impressed by how yummy the vegan dishes were, and how sexy their design is. It's going to be the hottest restaurant in BGC this Summer 2015.
Check it out...
Food Tastings is a free cooking class for foodies and kitchen savvy people, presented by ABS-CBN Publishing Inc.'s Food magazine and the Lifestyle Network. The classes are held throughout the year as a treat for celebrating the 20th anniversary of Food magazine.
The first leg of the Food Tastings series titled “a Pizza and Pasta Class” featured easy-to-make home pizza and pasta recipes taught by renowned chefs Nancy Dizon Edarlin, Portia Baluyut and the chefs behind Project Pie.
It was a well spent Saturday (March 21) where we got to watch free cooking classes, try out all the dishes and had a fun time making our very own customized pizza. Here’s a preview of the event itself:
It started in the wee hours of the morning. Woke up excited but feeling hesitant. Did some last-minute packing of my and YG's things anyway--we were off to the little one's first trip to Boracay!
It's also another first for me, as it was just the 2 of us for this beach trip. (I try my best to bring YG wherever I go. I've pledged to provide him with the best milk in town, and if I leave him even for just a couple of days, his supply will not suffice.)
I was excited because we would be riding a seaplane! I never expected to be on one as I've only seen those in adventure movies! How cool is that?
About the Founder & Author:
Anton Diaz is the founder of Our Awesome Planet, the #1 Food and Travel Blog in the Philippines and co-founder of Mercato Centrale, successful weekend night food market in Manila. Read more
My Favorite Blog Post Series:
- AWESOME DUMAGUETE: A Weekend Getaway Itinerary to the Best of Dumaguete!
- BAGUIO: Top 10 Most Awesome Restaurants in Baguio (2016 Edition)!
- BEST OF BOHOL 2016: 7 New Awesome Experiences You Should not Miss!
- CALAGUAS: The Waling-Waling Eco Resort Experience...
- SAGADA Itinerary: Definitive Food & Travel DIY Guide to Sagada (2017)!
- PAMPANGA: Top 10 Most Awesome Restaurants in Pampanga! (2016)
- ROMBLON: 8 Awesome Places You Should Visit in Romblon!
- CEBU Like Never Before! (10 Most Awesome Experiences)
- 11 BIGGEST BUSINESS TRENDS in the Philippines 2014! (*Must Read for Every Filipino Entrepreneur)
- FESTIVAL GUIDE to the 10 Most Awesome Fiestas of the Philippines!
CREATIVE COMMON LICENSE
Our Awesome Planet by Anton Diaz is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
« February 2015 | Main | April 2015 »