Supper Clubbing is a private dining activity aimed at introducing new people to each other and experiencing different cultures and food in the comfort of other people's homes. It started as an underground restaurant tradition in Cuba and later expanded to the US and Europe as a social dining experience.
In Manila, we have our own supper clubs but in various forms--organized private dining, guerilla dinners, and food trips. Take note, it's Supper Clubs (with a double 'P') and not Super Club, which refers to the Night Clubbing experience.
In Berlin, you can join a supper club via http://www.supperclubbing.com/ to learn more about the food, culture, and the hospitality of Berliners.
Here's our Berlin Supper Club experience with Johannes...
Dinner in Berlin is quite late, at around 8pm during summer, when the sun sets at a later time.
During my trip to Berlin, I discovered that Camille Co, one of the top fashion bloggers in Manila, is also a foodie and loves to eat anything. So there's no truth to the rumor that fashion bloggers don't eat! :)
Thank you to Johannes Bruns for this amazing Berlin Supper Clubbing experience!
Contact Johannes via Facebook for an authentic Berliner Supper Clubbing Experience at his home in Berlin. He usually charges only for the material costs of €20.
To join other Supper Clubs in Germany, please visit: http://www.supperclubbing.com/.
AWESOME BERLIN - The Best Kept Secret City of Europe Series:
- BERLIN: 10 Most Awesome Experiences for First Timers in Berlin!
- BERLIN: The Fall of the Berlin Wall--25th Year Anniversary! @VisitBerlin
- SUNDAYS IN BERLIN: Alexanderplatz, Bayernallee Filipino Mass, Mauerpark Flea Market & Lost in U-Bahn! (First Impressions of Germany)
- BERLIN BUNDESTAG: Käfer Breakfast at the Rooftop of the Reichstag Building!
- BERLIN: An Awesome Underground Supper Clubbing Experience in Berlin! @SupperClubbing
- BERLIN: Meeting SupperClub Founder at Hüttenpalast Caravan-Hotel in Hipster-District of Neukölln
- BERLIN: Hasir + Doner Kebab - The Best Turkish Food Outside of Turkey! @BarbaraWoolsey
- BERLIN: Meeting The Filipina Diplomatic Wife in Berlin over Berlin Chocolates @DiplomaticWife
- BERLIN: What I Learned from Berlin's Best Bloggers at Max und Moritz Old Berlin Tavern?
- BERLIN: TEUFELSBERG - Abandoned Cold War-era Spy Station on top of the Devil's Mountain!
- BERLIN: Markthalle Neun Street Food Market Thursdays @BerlinFood
- BERLIN: White Trash Fast Food - "Exotic food just like Mama used to make!"
- BERLIN: The TIM RAUE Experience - Best Chef in Berlin? (A Review)
- BERLIN: Motel One Berlin-Alexanderplatz (A Review)
- GERMAN VISA MANILA: How to Apply for Schengen Visa in the German Embassy in Manila?
Live an Awesome Life,
Disclosure: Our Berlin Trip was courtesy of the Foreign Ministry as part of the Blogger Visitors Program of the Federal Republic of Germany. I wrote this article with my own biases, opinions, and insights. Read Our Awesome Planet Complete Disclosure Policy here.
P.S. Planning to organize a supper club experience in Manila soon. Watch out for that!