OSAKA OHSHO Philippines: How Does the World's #1 Gyoza Taste Like? @SMMegaMall
OSAKA OHSHO is a Japanese chain established in 1969. They have branches in Japan, Singapore, Thailand, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Korea and now in the Philippines, courtesy of the Relish-Group, known for bringing in the Wee Nam Kee franchise to Manila.
I like how the Manila restaurant scene is shifting towards specializing. Most restaurants now are known for that one dish or a certain specialty cuisine.
So how does the #1 Gyoza in the World taste like? Here's our Osaka Ohsho experience...
- World's No.1 Gyoza Branches | Osaka Ohsho History
- What goes into making the world's #1 gyoza? | Temperature
- Gyoza (Original, Cheese, Nori) | Osaka Ohsho Gyoza sauces
- Koshihikari rice | Koshihikari Sets
- Koshihikari Sets | Chahan Sets
- Fuwatoro Tenshin Han | Fuwatoro and Japanese Curry Sets
- Appetizers & Salads | Appetizers & Salads Photo
- Stir Fry Photo | Stir Fry
- Yakimono Grilled and Teppanyaki | Wagyu Beef: Kitayama Farms
- Chicken Karaage with Grated Radish | Agemono (Deep-Fried)
- Sara Udon and Beef Sukiyaki | Rice and Noodles
- Afternoon Sets & Kiddie Sets | Desserts
- Drinks | Drinks Photo
The menu revolves around the gyoza sets but they also offer other Japanese specialties.
The salad is lively, with sweetness from the mango, and crunch from the walnuts.
Best to order the gyoza sets. We ordered the Fuwatoro set, which is good for 2, and comes with the signature Koshihikari rice enveloped with omelette and topped with gravy.
We ordered another specialty -- chicken soaked in Black Vinegar. This one is very tasty but needs some getting used to because of the sour taste of the vinegar (na parang sira ang lasa).
OSAKA OHSHO is highly recommended for foodies looking for a good Japanese gyoza meal and for those who are looking for a break from the ramen and tonkatsu craze.
I recommend ordering the gyoza sets, specifically the Fuwatoro Tenshin Han Gyoza Set. Also order the Osaka Ohsho Salad to complete the meal. It's best to eat with a group so that you can try their other specialties. Budget is about P500/head.
Be sure to make reservations if you're planning to eat during the peak lunch and dinner hours.
OSAKA OHSHO PHILIPPINES
3/F Fashion Mall, SM Megamall Bldg. D
Telephone: +632 631-7074
Mobile: +63 917 828-5011
Facebook: Osaka Ohsho Philippines
Related Post: Tales from the Tummy | Osaka Ohsho, World’s No. 1 Gyoza opens in SM Megamall
Live an Awesome Life,
Disclosure: We paid for our meals. Read Our Awesome Planet Complete Disclosure Policy here.
P.S. What's your favorite in Osaka Ohsho?