COCA RESTAURANT: Thai-style 'Suki' Steamboat Dining in Manila! @SMAuraPremier
COCA is a Thai Hot Pot place famous for their Thai-style 'Suki' steamboat dining, created by Mr. Srichai Phanphensophon and his wife, Mrs. Patama, in 1957 in Soi Dejo, Thailand.
We loved our COCA experience at Resorts World Sentosa in Singapore, so we were happy when they finally opened a branch here in Manila at SM Aura Premier.
It got mixed reviews from foodies. Sharing with you our own COCA experience...
They are best known for their Suki Steamboat. Best to get the tables at the center of the resto.
- Green Earth (Vegetarian) P1,000++,
- Red Fire (Assorted Meat) P1,100++,
- Blue Ocean (Assorted Seafood) P1,500++, and
- The Emperor's Platter (Assorted Meat and Seafood) P2,750++
While you are waiting for the broth to boil, you can order their signature springroll with seafood and oozing durian filling. :)
The platter is enough for a family of 3-5 persons. It comes with green vegetables, corn, carrot, tofu, different kinds of mushroom, beef, pork, and chicken.
Enjoy the cooked meat and vegetables with COCA's signature sauce. :)
We ordered this for Aidan, which he loved. It was tender and not too sweet.
After eating all the meat and vegetables, make sure to order the Khao Tom, which is rice slowly cooked in the broth! :)
The Thai iced tea was good but a little too sweet.
A good alternative is the Thai iced coffee, but also a bit on the sweet side.
A Thai-Chinese dessert, which is like crispy palitaw with peanuts, sugar, and sesame seeds. It's OK but a bit expensive for its price and taste.
Another expensive, classic chinese dessert.
I liked the Thai-Style Suki Steamboat with Coca's signature sauce and Khao Tom. For Durian lovers, don't forget to order the Seafood Durian Springroll. You can skip the dessert.
I don't like the dark, loungy ambiance of Coca Manila compared to Coca Sentosa Singapore's, which is brighter, with a Thai TukTuk as a highlight. I wish the Manila branch considers an eat-all-you-can steamboat offer similar to Singapore's.
Budget is P700/head.
5F Sky Park, SM Aura Premier, McKinley Parkway cor. 26th St., Bonifacio Global City, Taguig
Operating Hours: Daily 10:00am to 10:00pm
Telephone: +632 218-1110
Facebook: COCA Restaurant Philippines
Website: COCA Restaurant since 1957
Related Blog Posts:
- Jin Loves to Eat | Coca Restaurant ♥ ♥ ♥
- The Pickiest Eater in the World | COCA RESTAURANT NOW IN THE PHILIPPINES!
SM AURA FOOD TRIP SERIES
- SM AURA FOOD TRIP: Where to Eat and What's New in @SMAuraPremier in 2014?
- OGETSU HIME: Goddess of Food by Villavicencio's @SMAuraPremier
- RAMEN NAGI "BUTAO": Gourmet Ramen now in Manila! @SMAuraPremier
- YAKITORI ONE: What's Your Favorite Yakitori @YakitoriOne?
- TAMARIND by Chef Tum: Level Up of Jatujak Thai Resto @SMAuraPremier
- SHINE Bakery & Cafe: Chorizo Rice & Chashu! @ShineBakeryCafe @SMAuraPremier
- GREEKA KOUZINA: Greek Food & Arni Lemonato (Roast Lamb) @SMAuraPremier
- LUGANG CAFE: What to Order in the Best Contemporary Taiwanese Resto in Manila?
- IKKORYU FUKUOKA RAMEN Philippines' Black Garlic Tonkotsu Ramen! @ikkoryuph
- PAUL: Boulangerie, Patisserie, Restaurant, and Salon de Thé in Manila! (First Look)
- COCA Restaurant in Manila! @SMAuraPremier
- LE FAMILY: Vietnamese Restaurant @SMAuraPremier
Live an Awesome Life,
P.S. Any hot pot tips you can give for our next Coca visit?