GENERAL'S LECHON: The Best Lechon in Manila! (UTT Rating: 3.79) @GeneralsLechon
UTT XI: Rockwell Winner #4: (Main Dish)
120 foodies rated 5- Awesome! I would recommend it!
104 foodies rated 4- I love it!
79 foodies rated 3- We had a good time.
32 foodies rated 2- It is OK.
17 foodies rated 1- Thanks, but it could be better.
GENERAL'S LECHON is the winner of the Battle of Lechons in the recent UTT XI. :) It is a Negros Lechon, which does not need sauce like the Cebu Lechon, and also differs in its use of a unique mix of spices.
It is considered to be one of the best lechons in Manila! I like the Original Garlic version. :) Order this to satisfy your lechon cravings this Holiday Season. :)
Check out: General's Lechon Private Kitchen Taste Test
Congratulations for winning the #4 spot in Ultimate Taste Test!
The Story of GENERAL'S LECHON Garlic Lechon
Who are we?
- The General’s Lechon is a registered company of Ongsters House of Good food Inc.
- Generals Lechon was registered in 2007, and is located in Paranaque, Metro Manila.
- We only do advance bookings. This enables us to make sure our quality remains perfect.
- Unique selling proposition: Derived from the Negros type of Lechon, tweaked to the discerning foodie taste buds. We are triumphant in making different flavors to the otherwise traditional pork lechon. ( Original, Garlic, Chili Garlic, and Curry).
Is it really better than the traditional Cebu Lechon?
We are the Negros variant of the famous Pork Lechon. The main difference from a Cebu Lechon is our spices. The General’s Lechon is more balance in taste, just enough salt, garlic, onions, lemon grass, and other unique spices. Through the years, we have been rated the Best Lechon by different food critics.
- April 4, 2007 and 2008: Philippine Daily Inquirer, Reggie Aspiras discovered The General’s Lechon and wrote about us in her column. She described it to be a merry mix of the Balinese and the Davao Lechon. Chef Reggie was also the first to feature our garlic and chili garlic flavors.
- August 29, 2010 and 2011: Philippine Daily Inquirer, Chef Sandy Daza in his food colum “the best Lechon” wrote about The General’s Lechon “..a shiny, crunchy, aroma-filled roast pig. It had the qualities of a superior roast pig that was better than many I have tried. I loved the meat on the ribs, face and nape.”
- April 4, 2010: ABS CBN, kabuhayang swak na swak featured the General’s Lechon, Mr. Bobby Yan is a big fan.
- December 16, 2010: Summit Media, SPOT.PH, Top 10 Lechon in Manila, ranked number 1. Numerous articles also came out in mens health magazine, and yummy magazine claiming our lechon to be topnotch.
- 2011 was the year of the bloggers: we were featured in several food blogs.
- Our Awesome Planet, “4.25/5 rating.”
- Annalyn.net, “the best lechon in manila.”
- Blogalag.com “And all I can say is Satisfaction Guaranteed!”
- Glennong.com “Overall, General's Lechon is a two thumbs up! “
- Bestfoodintown.com “best lechon in town”
- Triportreats.com “What I liked about General's lechon is the tenderness of the meat. Not dry, like some lean parts would normally be.”
- Talesfromthetummy.com “the general has arrived”
- Juice.ph “a snappy salute to the general’s lechon”
- Janedchua.com “General’s Lechon is top rank Lechon”
- 2012 spot.ph rank 1, top 10 best lechon
What Foodies Say About Generals Lechon:
- Too salty
- I salute you!
- Very tender and tasty meat!
- Super good vinegar
- Two thumbs up!
- Roasted pork goodness!
- Too fatty; vinegar is good
- I got the salty part! Too much salt!
- Crispy skin and tender meat!
- Didn't get to try! Boo!
- Nice and tasty!
- Taste not too fresh
- Sold Out Goodness!
- Worth the wait
- The best lechon ever!
- Very nice flavor! Love the sauce!
- I Died.
- Mahusay Malasa!
- Skin was the best
- Oh my god! I love you!
- Kanin na lang kulang
- Sarap ng skin
- Naubusan yata :(
- OMG! :)
- I love its 'feel'
- So good w/o the sauce
- Hmmmm. Where is it???
- The Best Lechon Ever!
- Tastes like cebu!
General’s Lechon started as a home-based lechon business ventured by couple Brian and Lynett Ong whose recipe originates from San Carlos City in Negros Occidental.
Lechon comes in different flavors namely Original, Curry, Garlic, and Chili-Garlic.
Location: 2nd floor Petron Dasmarinas Village, Edsa corner Arnaiz, Makati City (Pasay Road)
Also Available at: EC (Diao Eng Chay), 203 Wilson St., San Juan City
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: + (632) 408- 6850 / (632) 966-5099
Mobile: (63) 9178lechon (8532466)
Facebook: Generals Lechon
Live an Awesome Life,
P.S. Thanks to our sponsors for the Rockwell Ultimate Taste Test XI Event!
Rockwell Ultimate Taste Test is Co-Presented by: