JAPANESE MOCHI CREAM: Authentic Japanese Mochi Now in Manila!
Ever since then there has been a lot of Mochi offerings around the Metro and finally, an authentic mochi brand from the leading Japanese Mochi Deli opened recently – the Japanese Sweets Deli MOCHI CREAM.
Here are our Mochi Cream favorites:
We tasted the initial 24 Mochi Cream Flavors and our top 3 favorites are:
- Raspberry Mille Feuille (because of the crunchy filling)
- Caramel Macchiato (if you like coffee-flavored desserts)
- Orange Cheese (Cheese Mochi!)
(Note: The kids did not like the Japanese flavors - Sakura, Darjeeling, and Red Bean)
Gift Box - Half A: (preferred by kids)
Cafe Au Lait, Green Tea, Mango, Black Sesame, White Chocolate, Chocolate Banana, Rum Raisin, Apple Pie, Black Soybean flour, Honey Cranberry, Peach Yogurt, Sweet Potato
Gift Box - Half B: (for foodies)
Raspberry Mille Feuille, Red Bean, Caramel Pudding, Houiji Tea, Green Soybean, Caramel Macchiato, Orange Cheese, Red Sweet Potato, Darjeeling Tea, Sakura, Blueberry Yoghurt, Chocolate
- Half A1: Mango, Green Tea, Cafe Au Lait, White Chocoalte, Chocolate Banana, Black Soybean Flour
- Half A2: Apple Pie, Rum Raisin, Black Sesame, Sweet Potato, Peach Yoghurt, Honey Cranberry
- Half B1: Sakura, Red Bean, Darjeeling Tea, Caramel Macchiato, Blueberry Yogurt, Raspberry Mille Feuille
- Half B2: Houiji Tea, Chocolate, Orang Cheese, Green Soybean, Caramel Pudding, Red Sweet Potato
Hope they have a full blown Mochi Cafe soon like the ones in Japan.
If you plan to buy by the dozen or half dozen, it is best to select the flavors. Some of the Japanese flavors are too “foreign” for the Filipino taste.
What's your favorite Japanese Mochi Cream flavor?
For more info, visit the Mochi Cream Japan website.
Live an Awesome Life,
Follow @antondiaz and Like our Official Facebook Page: Our Awesome Planet :)
If you have tips on awesome food and travel destinations, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full Disclosure: We got a taste test of the mochi and eventually bought our own mochi goodies. I wrote this blog post myself, and it expresses my own opinions. I have no business relationship with any company mentioned in this post or any organization promoting it. As a policy, I don't receive compensation from food and travel places we feature in the blog.
P.S. It's better than the Ice Cream Mochi because the inside doesn't melt and it is just as creamy. You have to keep it frozen until it is ready to be eaten. Although, we still like the ice cream mochi at times when you really like to eat ice cream-on- the-go with chewy mochi.