Do you have a secret barbecue recipe that is just waiting to be discovered?
Are you an aspiring amateur griller looking for a big break in the food industry?
Have you tasted one of the best barbecue recipes in Manila and wanted to share it with us?
Join us for the first ever Mercato Centrale's FOOD Backyard BBQ Cook-Off Challenge!
Cook-Off Competition Details:
The BBQ Cook-off is open to amateur cooks with a great recipe for BBQ.
Amateurs are defined as:
Non-professional chefs, cooks, and individuals without any ESTABLISHED food/restaurant/catering business, culinary school students, and graduates who have never cooked professionally, but cannot include former professionals (retired chefs, etc.).
Non Amatuers are defined as:
Chefs, owners, current employees of a restaurant, catering business and any form of food business.
Competition has a maximum number of entries for each category.
- BBQ Pork Skewers (7 entries will be accepted)
- BBQ Ribs (6 entries will be accepted)
- BBQ Chicken (6 entries will be accepted)
- Anything Goes - anything cooked on the barbie except for pork, ribs and chicken. (6 3ntries will be accepted)
- A pre-screening of submitted BBQ recipe will be done by the FOOD Magazine borad or judges.
- The chosen 25 entries with completed application forms submitted to FOOD magazine will be eligible to compete.
- Deadline for submission of entries is on May 7, 2012 (extended).
- Each team is only allowed to join 1 category.
- No more than two (2) people per team.
Criteria for Judging:
- Appearance - 20%
- Texture/Tenderness - 30%
- Taste Score- 50%
How to Join:
1. Like Food Magazine on Facebook.
2. Click on the Food Backyard BBQ Tab and fill out the application form.
3. Prepare a photo of your dish and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Deadline for submission of entries is on May 7, 2012 (extended).
For more details on how to join, log on to www.facebook.com/foodmag or call Abi Portillo at 415-2272 loc 4818
Live an Awesome Life,
Like Our Awesome Planet on Facebook and follow me @antondiaz on twitter for the latest secrets on food and travel in the Philippines. Also, checkout antondiaz on Pinterest for the latest awesome food and travel photos! :)
If you have tips on awesome food and travel destinations, please email me at email@example.com.
Thank you for following and supporting Our Awesome Planet!
Full Disclosure: Our Awesome Planet is a co-founder of Mercato Centrale and a partner of FOOD Backyard BBQ Cook-Off Challenge.
P.S. Block off your schedule on May 26 and join us for this historic BBQ Cook-off challenge in Manila!