Read First: Ultimate Taste Test 7.0: And the Winners are...
63 foodies rated 5- Awesome! I would recommend it!
114 foodies rated 4- I love it!
122 foodies rated 3- We had a good time.
52 foodies rated 2- It is OK.
11 foodies rated 1- Thanks, but it could be better.
In a market crowded with various kinds of brownies, food for the gods, and revel bars during the Christmas season, a one-of-a-kind brownie stood out -- Jack Brownies.
It's a different kind of "spiked" brownies, this time using Jack Daniel's Whiskey. Admittedly, it is a bit polarizing since people are either fans of the Jack Daniel's taste or not. I actually prefer their Jack flavor over the Absolut Vanilla Brownie.
It is a bit heavy, fudgy and has an almost bread-like texture that is soaked with chocolate and Jack Daniel's. I love it paired with either coffee or Cerveza Negra.
Congratulations to Blackinese Brownies for winning in Ultimate Taste Test 7.0!
The Story of Brownies with Jack Daniel's and Absolut Vodka
by Toni Santos
It all started as a joke of mixing alcohol into our favorite dessert. We thought of different flavors of brownies and jokingly said, "We should definitely make those!!!" Somehow after that conversation, I decided to experiment on a good recipe for brownies with Jack Daniel's Whiskey. Interestingly enough, after a number of trial and error baking sessions, we created what we now call our signature product, the Jack Brownies. Over time, we were able to raise the interest of our friends and, soon enough, we were receiving orders from people who happened to find the website. To date, we have officially launched two flavors: Jack Brownies and our Absolut Vanilla edition.
Jack Brownies and our Absolut Vanilla
Chunk Box (4x4) P200
Binge Box (8x8) P650
What Foodies say about Blackinese Brownies:
- Preferred the Jack Daniels brownie
- It’s okay
- Fudgy and sweet. Love it.
- Sexy chocolate
- Too sweet
- Kick from the alcohol is nice
- Very good
- Thumbs up
- Not a big fan of brownies with strong rum/brandy smell
- One of the best
- Love the absolute brownies
- Thought it was ordinary, it was not!
- I don’t drink jack but this is good
- Cake was baked well
- Absolut brownies are better
- Nothing special
- Love the cakes
- Jack Daniels was a bit too strong
- Too rich
- Two loves: alcohol and chocolate
- JD brownies are awesome
- Great flavour
- Couldn’t taste the liquor
- Good and moist
- Love to give these as gifts
- Tapang ng Jack
- Not for everyone
- Awesome brownies
- Kinda sweet
- Can't taste the difference
- Liked the vodka brownie more
- Moist and sweet
- Brownie with Absolut was bad
- Gooey and chewy
- Love it. I will buy
Mobile: +63 922 835-2482
Related OAP Blog Posts:
OAP | Get Ready for the Ultimate Taste Test 7.0 on Nov. 17!
OAP | Your Ultimate Taste Test 7.0 Checklist. Are you ready?
OAP | Ultimate Taste Test 7.0: And the Winners are...
Live an Awesome Life,
- the UTT 7.0 Winner Certificate;
- a winner feature in Our Awesome Planet; and
- a guaranteed spot in any of the markets in Mercato Centrale, Soderno or Distrito. :)
Thanks to our sponsors for the Ultimate Taste Test 7.0!
The Ultimate Taste Test is Co-Presented by:
Photo and Video Sponsor: