Merry Moo's Artisan Ice Cream - Sea Salt Caramel, Milo & Brown Bread Flavor
144 foodies rated 5- Awesome! I would recommend it!
154 foodies rated 4- I love it!
98 foodies rated 3- We had a good time.
27 foodies rated 2- It is OK.
5 foodies rated 1- Thanks, but it could be better.
We love Merry Moo because of their insightful flavor combinations. Ever since they debuted in UTT 5.0 with a 3.72 rating, they have continued to win over people with their best selling flavor - Sea Salt Caramel. Their Milo flavor is also a favorite among the kids and kids at heart. They are popular both in Mercato Centrale and Midnight Mercato.
In Rockwell UTT, they introduced playful flavors, and we specifically like the Brown Bread flavor. With a 3.94 rating, they are a consistent favorite among foodies and regarded as one of the best artisan ice creams in Manila.
by Kelvin Ngo
Merry Moo was churned from Kelvin Ngo's frequent trips to visit his girlfriend in Singapore. In one of those trips, his cousin led him to a small home-made ice cream shop that sells exceptional, unique and creative ice cream, with flavors ranging from Durian to Te Tarik Tea. Being a foodie himself, he was excited in tasting all the different concoctions. From there, the idea of Merry Moo was born.
Our flavors are usually inspired from my personal experiences with food; following of food trends through books, blogs, and food trips here and abroad. Our customers are also a source of inspiration where they give out valuable suggestions on new flavors and tweaking current flavors. Although making ice cream needs a lot of work, our customers have been a source of continuous inspiration.
What’s Different about Merry Moo?
Merry Moo’s different because of our love to experiment with flavors. We strive to churn out new and exciting flavors which would delight our customers. We also use fresh local dairy from farmers community in Laguna for our ice cream to give the best tasting ice cream.
What is Merry Moo?
Merry Moo is a newly established homemade ice cream business. Merry Moo ice creamery churns for fresh, yummy, and fun ice cream. Our premium ice cream uses fresh, non-Ultra Heat Treated (UHT) dairy. It is locally sourced from local dairy farmers which offer holstein-fresian cows a huge pasture to graze and roam freely. Since our dairy is non-UHT treated, the flavor of the milk and cream is unaltered and it retains its nutritional content.
Mission & Vision
Merry Moo’s mission is to provide yummy flavors to its customers using ingredients that are fresh, sustainable and sourced locally as much as possible. We want our customers to know where their food is coming from. Constantly innovate new products.
Our vision is to have Merry Moo products as a way for people to come together and enjoy life through our delicious food.
- Sea Salt Caramel – light sea salt and slow-cooked caramel, the contrast is surprisingly good
- Earl Grey Tea – a very special blend of Chinese tea leaves with citrus bergamot
- Apple Cinnamon – apples cooked in cinnamon
- Rum and Raisin – Drunken raisins mixed in sweet ice cream
- French Vanilla – Classic Vanilla ice cream
- Aztec Chocolate – Chocolate with a hint of spiciness
- Strawberry Basil – A refreshing combination of fruit and herb
- Coffee Kahlua – Double roundhouse kick of Philippine Arabica coffee and coffee liquor
- loved berry & lemon meringue. good flavors. not too many
- not a fan
- love the berry corny, pistaccio & mayo
- berry flavor is good
- love the brown bread!
- lemon meringue good balance of sweet & sour
- mango pistaccio
- the best ice cream among all perticipants
- i love the mix of flavors
- interesting flavors
- brown bread! pistaccio! love love lemon meringue!
- nothing great!
- lemon meringue :)
- good concept! though still little rough on the tongue
- creamy! tastes really really good
- bring it in mainstream
- unique taste
- pistachio mango is <3
- keep it up! you should sell berry corny by the gallon
- unique flavors taste great!
- brown bread yummy!
- lemon meringue tastes a bit like yakult. it's nice!
- liked the choice of flavors, enjoyed pistaccio the most
- creative flavors! brown bread YUM
- lemon meringue was really good. flavors & taste are very unique
- creamy & interesting
- love the unique combination of pistaccio & mango
- it is delicious
- it is delicious
- i like the coffee bitter
- lemon meringue 2 thumbs up!
- don't like the combinations of berry & corn
- medyo kulang lang sa flavor
- normal. like moo & chocolait
- good vision. failed execution
- lemon meringue
- brown bread +lemon meringue=great!
- too breadish
- just ok
- very creamy!? great flavors especially the mango & pistaccio
- loved the berry corny. good balance of sweetness. lemon meringue tastes good as well
- like the brown bread & pistaccio, mango
- different flavor
- i like the sweet corn ice cream
- very well done
- nothing special
- i'm glad owner convinced me to try 1 more flavor! berry corny is awesome!!!!
- pistaccio & mango was good; not so fond of brown bread
- i love the brown bread flavor
- like brown bread
- sweet and tasty
- you can really taste the lemon I LOVE IT!
- just right amount of sweetness
- really tasty!
- lemon meringue & mango pistac!
- berry corny was good (had taste of both corns & berries)
- lemon meringue good & balanced between sweet & tangy
- lacks flavor
- lemon meringue rocks!
- lemon meringue is <3
- good flavor
- brown bread is nice
- pistachio & mango not too creamy. good taste
- tasty lemon flavor, too sweet cinnamon
- pistaccio nut is good. brown bread is so-so...
- love the creaminess
- interesting flavors and not too sweet
- themeringue should have more lemon flavor
- the brown bread is like cookie dough. great innovation :)
- brown bread is ok
- great flavors, great texture
- offered a great contrast of crunchy & sweet
- bacon bread was heaven!
- great not so sweet!
- hands down the best ice cream
- serving size was so small
- lemon meringue is the best
- better is softer & creamier
- earlier flavors better
- yum to new flavors
- pistaccio very tasteful
- bb was normal
- brownbread flavor awesome!
- i want it to be sweet
- refreshingly different
- superyummy ice cream
- really like lemon meringue
- distinct flavor. sarap!
- bread ice cream is good!
- unique flavors
- RPM - LAVEET! may kick sa end.
- Berrycorny weird combo that works!
- lemon & brown bread is yummy!
- very good
- interesting textures
- good balance of lemon with hints of crunchy meringue
- yummy flavor
- brown bread very tasty. good concept
- yummy lemon meringue!
- love the brown bread flavor
- good and interesting flavor
- smooth & good!
- FLAVOR TRAILBLAZERS!
- brownbread great texture
- unique flavors
- what is the secret ingredient???
- too heavy
- super good
- spoon is cute! also flavors are well pronounced
- love all flavors!
- very good
- brown bread is good!
- super nice flavors!
- creative flavors, sweetness and creaminess is perfect!
- brown bread = unique tasting ice cream
- 1st time to try pistachio with mango (YUM!)
- lemon meringue is good and refreshing
- love the brown bread:)
- it is great!
- cute ng flavor names
- berryflavor lacked taste
- the flavors of these ice creams are a surprise!
- lemon meringue FTW!
- tasty but light, love it!
- lemon meringue is great because of it's zing!
- more citrus! :)
- not so good
- very unique
- i love brown bread-pistaccio & mango was so-so...
- love the lemon meringue
- berry corny and brown bread
- my favorite dessert
- heavenly lemon meringue
- interesting flava
- interesting flavors! the lemon mringue cleanses the palatte
- lacks flavor
- really good flavor
- best dessert ever!
- unique but addictive flavor
- new ice cream flavors are always worth a try
- i love it
- lemon tasted real!
- tastes like it's name
- loved the lemon meringue
- Yay for Roasted Pistacio and Mango
- exquisite lemon meringue! It melts in your mouth!
- had potential but didn't like the flavors
Merry Moo Ice Creamery
Contact: Kelvin Ngo
Mobile: +63 917 528-9590
Live an Awesome Life,
- a Rockwell UTT Winner Certificate;
- a winner feature in Our Awesome Planet; and
- a guaranteed spot in any of the Mercato Centrale markets. :)
For more info about UTT 7.0, check out: Your Ultimate Taste Test 7.0 Checklist. Are you ready?
Related OAP Blog Posts:
OAP | The Ultimate Food Trip happens in Rockwell on September 3
OAP | The Foodies' Guide to Rockwell's Ultimate Taste Test
OAP | My Cheers Moments @ Rockwell's Ultimate Taste Test
Rockwell Ultimate Taste Test is Co-Presented by: