Rockwell UTT Winner #12:
HKR FOOD EXPRESS
151 foodies rated 5- Awesome! I would recommend it!
163 foodies rated 4- I love it!
124 foodies rated 3- We had a good time.
50 foodies rated 2- It is OK.
9 foodies rated 1- Thanks, but it could be better.
We've loved HKR ever since we discovered it in San Antonio Village, Makati (see: OAP | Hong Kong Roast: A Bagtikan Hole-in-the-Wall Favorite). They were known before as Fortune Empire and they won in Ultimate Taste Test 5.0 with a 3.55 rating.
I simply love their asado and their salted baked chicken. Most foodies agree that these two are awesome.
Congratulations to HKR for winning in Rockwell's Ultimate Taste Test, and good luck with your new branch along Jupiter St.!
The Story of Hong Kong Roast Food Express
by Mary Chan
At the unlikely junction between Bagtikan Street and Sacred Heart Road in the heart of San Antonio Village in Makati lies a quaint and unpretentious little restaurant. With roast chickens hanging from the window, the restaurant claims that it offers “authentic Chinese food,” providing you with a “taste of Hong Kong.”
Other notable dishes include the appetizing salted baked chicken, the Black Chicken Sesame, and the Beef Hofan, which you will only find at HKR. For an interesting salve to the sweet tooth, try the French Toast with sesame filling like authentic Hong Kong cuisine is because a lot of the ingredients are imported. For instance, HKR’s milk tea is such an accurate representation of its Hong Kong cousin because only Black & White Evaporated Full Cream milk is used to create it. HKR delivers to the immediate vicinity and uses only environmentally-friendly packaging made out of corn pulp to house the food.
This hidden gem is truly Hong Kong. Run by a Chinese lady with considerable experience in the culinary arts both here and abroad, serving dishes that are genuinely street café in taste and quality, HKR is a veritable little HongKong in the middle of Makati.
Branching out soon in 51 Bel-air cor Jupiter Street, Makati City.
About the product/Pricelist:
- very good roast chicken
- yummy chicken sauce
- one of my favorites!
- very very good.
- authentic chinese flavor
- don't like smoky taste
- loved the baked chicken very tasty
- so so good come back for seconds
- chicken meat was powdery
- good flavor but chicken was powdery
- awesome flavors
- delicious. great people at the booth!
- good asado
- chicken very moist, asado not too sweet. i LIKE!
- good job!
- chicken is good!
- LOVE THE CHICKEN!
- it's good
- i like the chicken :)
- really delicious
- very flavorful but typical
- i'll look for them again
- nice asado
- asado was too fatty!
- a little sour (chicken) but asado was good. tastes like authentic HK food
- tastes too chinese-y
- great quality
- chicken & asado tastes good
- sauce yummy tender chicken
- roast chicken = will definitely come back for more!
- tasty chicken. tastes really good
- too much spice
- tastes authentic!
- good hainanese
- a tad too salty but good!
- authentic HK!
- the meat is really tasty
- ok. no biggie
- roast chicken tastes like hainanese chicken
- the chicken is too salty
- roast asado is ok but tastes normal, chicken sucks!
- not an original but decent HK food
- good job!
- loved the chicken taste
- good sausages
- put some flavor on rice
- i love the roasted dishes
- i would still go to this
- asado ok, chicken good
- roast chicken = AWESOME!
- chicken was gooood! asado also good
7467 Bagtikan St., Makati City
Telephone: +632 553-7846; 9847760
Live an Awesome Life,
- a Rockwell UTT Winner Certificate;
- a winner feature in Our Awesome Planet; and
- a guaranteed spot in any of the Mercato Centrale markets. :)
Related OAP Blog Posts:
OAP | The Ultimate Food Trip happens in Rockwell on September 3
OAP | The Foodies' Guide to Rockwell's Ultimate Taste Test
OAP | My Cheers Moments @ Rockwell's Ultimate Taste Test
Thanks to our sponsors for the Rockwell Ultimate Taste Test Event!
Rockwell Ultimate Taste Test is Co-Presented by:
Photo and Video Sponsor: