Cupcake Boutique by Klar
Rockwell UTT Winner #14:
CUPCAKE BOUTIQUE BY KLAR
98 foodies rated 5- Awesome! I would recommend it!
122 foodies rated 4- I love it!
94 foodies rated 3- We had a good time.
30 foodies rated 2- It is OK.
5 foodies rated 1- Thanks, but it could be better.
It is very hard to win with cupcakes in the Ultimate Taste Test because most foodies have tasted a lot of cupcakes ever since Sonja's started the cupcake craze in Manila. It is also very difficult to get noticed, especially if you introduce simple flavors like Red Velvet, Valrhona Chocolate, and Green Tea.
But Klar, with a face that can launch a thousand cupcakes, proved that classic flavors done well with moist cake, full flavor, and great presentation can capture the hearts of foodies. (I personally like the moist Valrhona cupcake in its mini-cupcake form.)
If you are looking for cupcakes this Christmas, check out Cupcake Boutique by Klar. Congratulations on doing a great job in the UTT!
by Klar Joseph
The Kitchen of Klar Joseph is a home-based business that currently produces 15 flavors of cupcakes at Php 70 per piece. The pastry business was launched last April at Best Food Forward--a summer food fair held in Taguig, Philippines. I, Klarisse Joseph, operate the pastry kitchen along with a small crew. I studied Pastry Arts in Chicago from 2009-2011 under talented pastry chefs at the renowned French Pastry School. I also worked at 2 bakeries, and staged at different pastry locations while I was studying and living overseas. I was given the rare opportunity to visit the facilities of Turano Baking Company, and Nielsen-Massey Vanillas, and participated in different school events with the most recent Sweets & Snack Expo 2011 held last May in Chicago, Illinois. Aside from my pastry business, I also contribute to The Spoon is Flat, a Manila-based blog with an average of 1,500 views per month.
Our 15 flavors are composed of The Diplomat (Valrhona), Red Velvet, Lemon Meringue, Chocolate Squared, Bailey's, Coco, Green Tea, Chocotella, Cookies and Cream, S'mores, Black and White, Blueberry Cream Cheese, Mango, Brownie, and Caramel.
About the product/Pricelist:
All our cupcakes are priced at P70 each.
They are sold by 6 or 12 for pick-up at home (6 pcs. minimum per flavor).
When we join bazaars, the cupcakes can be sold individually, and boxes of 4, 6, and 12 with the liberty to choose any quantity per flavor.
- valrhona is good. other icings are too sweet
- very delicious with in your face flavor
- green tea was good
- red velvet was so so sinfully good, i will order for xmas!
- red velvet texture
- not so good but taste was good
- i love the green tea
- ok naman
- the flavors were different from what i was expecting
- they just look pretty
- love the diplomat!
- green tea is good
- green tea too salty
- red velvet- too sour, diplomat-lessen the dark chocolate
- diplomat is heavenly! <3
- presentation is nice but i'm not very impressed with the taste
- good mix, yummy but icing a bit too much
- ok ok lang
- i love the red velvet:)
- great cheese topping of red velvet
- red velvet cupcakes better than sonja's! good job!
- green tea was light & good
- green tea & red velvet
- green tea-good, red velvet-satisfactory, diplomat-good
- soft & sweet
- liked the valrhona the most
- valrhona- too rich, green-so so
- cupcakes are very creamy & smooth
- cupcakes are moist
- good green tea cupcake
- diplomat is real dark chocolate. good presentation too!
- it's really delicious. it makes me want to crave for more
- i love the green tea & diplomat
- delicious but more saffron pls!
- diplomat was yummmmeeeeeh!
- red velvet is delicious!
- red velvet was really good. better than sonja's
- green tea!
- classic cupcakes seem delicious but not for regular people
- just normal. i don't like it
- moist & the ingredients in the icing are complete (ie. red velvet has real creme cheese)
- velvet -great. green tea - ok. diplomat-dark choco? OKAY!
- tasty & just the right sweetness
- very moist cakes! none too sweet!
- green tea cake is very moist. LIKE!
- very nice presentation & delicious cupcakes
- diplomat- good, red velvet-not really, green tea-surprising
- diplomat is yummy
- love the diplomat! so chocolatey!
- red velvet is great!
- rich chocolate taste
- good green tea cupcake :)
- suggest to sell in a bite size bec cupcake is so rich tasting
- doesn't taste like green tea, icing too thick
- red velvet:)
- green tea 2 thumbs up!
- i couldn't actually taste the green tea.
- nothing special
- cake was moist but taste ordinary
- love the flavors. balanced and not heavy
- dark choco is thick & rich. green tea is nice also
- just ok
- love the red velvet & diplomat
- diplomat <3
- love the green tea
- red velvet had too much frosting
- green tea delicioso
- my new fave
- mini cup cakes taste so good
- diplomat cupcake is so rich! :) yummy!
- cupcakes are so cute! love the diplomat coz it's dark chocolate
- never fails to impress me
- trifecta of perfection. nice presentation as well
- pretty & delicious cupcakes! still my fave!
- two thumbs up!
- amazingly moist! sponge was dry
- valrhona diplomat was good!
- very rich!
- nice presentation, good sour creme
- the best cupcakes!
- too sweet
- great & generous
- SARAP! :)
- the diplomat is the best
- sana add more flavors sa green tea
- rich & moist cupcakes
- rich in flavor, innovative and nice presentation
- moist & melts in your mouth
- excellent presentation
- very tasty
- diplomat = great!
- red velvet & green tea
- nice presentation & moist cupcakes
- great cupcakes, did not disappoint
- only liked the diplomat
- the icing's quite bland but i liked the diplomat
- nothing special, dry!
- diplomat is pure bliss!
- green tea=couldn't taste it
- green tea is really good
- good texture. nice & moist
- you should try making a chili choco version of the valrhona :)
- excellent presentation
- red velvet was a bit sweet but good
- diplomat rich chocolate!
- all the testers were good
- green tea was ok!
- everything tasted great! too sweet!
- too sweet!
- butter overpowering
- good! loved all the flavors
- they are all creamy and taste delicious
- too much salt
- red velvet is perfect! but i was slightly disappointed by the green tea cupcakes. i love green tea but the sweetness of the icing overpowered the flavor
- too salty!
- red velvet's the best but the chocolate's really good too!
- they're all very moist
- nice presentation
- i love red velvet and its consistency
- diplomat rocks!
- loved the icing
- loved the green tea cupcake!:)
- so moist!
- more green tea flavor
- the best cupcake!
- good variety, interesting flavors
- too rich for my taste but it is OSOM :)
- 4-red velvet + green tea, 5 - diplomat
- i like it
- loved the red velvet, green tea - light and fluffy & flavorful but not sweet
- diplomat i don't like bitter chocolate
- green tea flavor is masarap
- good presentatioin+ delightful bites
- good red velvet
- it was good as always
- love the red velvet
- diplomat is best
- so pretty & tasty good too! right size
- green tea mousse is too much! Cupcakes are moist
- cupcakes were moist! Red velvet is the best!
- perfectly moist and full of flavor. Although there is no green tea flavor (overpowered by savory butter!)
- I like the Valrhona! Nice presentation
Cupcake by Klar Joseph
The Kitchen of Klar Joseph
Telephone: +632 633.9954
Mobile: +63 917 533-5527
Live an Awesome Life,
- a Rockwell UTT Winner Certificate;
- a winner feature in Our Awesome Planet; and
- a guaranteed spot in any of the Mercato Centrale markets. :)
Related OAP Blog Posts:
OAP | The Ultimate Food Trip happens in Rockwell on September 3
OAP | The Foodies' Guide to Rockwell's Ultimate Taste Test
OAP | My Cheers Moments @ Rockwell's Ultimate Taste Test
Thanks to our sponsors for the Rockwell Ultimate Taste Test Event!
Rockwell Ultimate Taste Test is Co-Presented by:
Photo and Video Sponsor: