March 01, 2011
Apulit Island Resort opened last December 2010. Formerly known as Club Noah, it is now owned by the El Nido & Ayala Group and they decided to use the actual name of the island. We've been long-time fans of El Nido resorts -- both Miniloc and Lagen, and now the budding Apulit Resort in Taytay, Palawan.
I've never been to Club Noah, so we decided to immediately check out its new reincarnation, Apulit Island Resort, when it opened. Here is our experience...
Reserve Room#51, which is the farthest water cottage on the east side, if you need privacy.
All the old furniture from its Club Noah days have been changed and replaced with pieces that are custom-made for the Apulit Island Resort.
It is quite windy in this area, though. Raphael's hat was blown away by the wind here, and we weren't able to retrieve it.
We took Aidan to the clinic since he had a minor wood splinter in his hand. The nurse was able to build rapport with him immediately and removed the splinter with ease. Great job!
For more info: visit Apulit Island Resort Official Website
- TAO PHILIPPINES (A Review): Coron to El Nido 5 Days 4 Nights TaO Expedition @TaoPhilippines
- TAO EXPEDITION: Coron to El Nido Expedition Pre-Departure (A Photo Essay)
- TAO EXPEDITION Day 1: From Coron to Patcy (A Photo Essay)
- TAO EXPEDITION Day 2: Patcy Breakfast, Maltayok Beach & Buluang Karaoke! (A Photo Essay)
- TAO EXPEDITION Day 3: Cliff Jumping & Guinto Basecamp (A Photo Essay)
- TAO EXPEDITION Day 4: Linapacan Clear Waters, Tao Farm & Tao Village (A Photo Essay)
- TAO EXPEDITION Day 5: Bacuit Bay, Small and Big Lagoon, El Nido Town (A Photo Essay) @TaoPhilippines
Coron, Busuanga Experience (2008):
- Coron, Palawan - 8 Awesome Experiences in Coron, Palawan
- Caluit, Palawan - My Childish Dream Come True
- Club Paradise, Coron, Palawan
- El Rio Y Mar - 10 Reasons Why I Prefer El Rio over Club Paradise
El Nido Palawan Adventure (2006):
Live an Awesome Life,
Full Disclosure: My friend from El Nido gave us an Apulit Island Resort gift certificate for the accommodation before she left the company, so the entire family decided to check it out last December.
We paid for our buffet meals (about P1,000 for lunch, and P1,500 for dinner per adult per meal) and incidentals during our 3 Days 2 Nights stay. We paid for our flight to Palawan and transportation going to Taytay.
I'm NOT connected with, or compensated by El Nido resorts. I'm NOT connected with, compensated by, or represented by any PR firm.
P.S. Here are the rates of Apulit Island Resort for 2011:
Apulit Island Resort Holiday Package Rates (valid until December 31, 2011):
Lean Season (June 1- Oct. 31/11) |
High Season (Jan 8-May 31/11 and Nov.1-Dec. 19/11) |
Peak Season (Chinese New Year, Easter, Christmas and New Year)
Water Cottages (Capacity: 2 Persons) Package Rates:
Single (P15,500 | P16,500 | P17,500 per person per night)
Twin (P11,500 | P12,500 | P13,500 per person per night)
Deluxe Water Cottages (Capacity: 5 Persons) Package Rates:
Half-Twin (P15,500 | P16,500 | P17,500 per person per night)
Triple/Quad (P11,500 | P12,500 | P13,500 per person per night)
Holiday Package Inclusions:
- Overnight accommodation in an air-conditioned room
- Roundtrip boat transfers on the regular airport shuttle (Airport/Pier - Apulit Island Resort - Airport/Pier)
- Full-board meals daily, excluding drinks, at the Clubhouse Restaurant
- One buri bag in the room
- A pair of native slippers per adult
- Drinking water in the room
- Services of Guest Activity Coordinators from 7am to 9pm daily
- Services of a Marine Sports Guide during day tours and activities
- Complimentary use of mask, snorkel and full foot fins for duration of stay
- Use of all available non-motorized water sports equipment (hobie cat, windsurf, kayak, etc.)
- Exciting land and water activities you can enjoy during your stay, such as snorkeling at the house reef, sunrise or sunset guided kayak tours, coconut hat making, island-hopping, etc.
- Service charge and 12% government tax.
Note for families:
- Child 7-11 years old sharing room with 1 adult shall be charged Child Supplement of P3,000 nett/night. This rate is inclusive of 3 full board meals, use of resort facilities, boat transfers, regular activities, tax and service charge.
- Children 6 years old and below sharing room with at least 1 adult stay for FREE, and shall be extended complimentary meals from the buffet.
- Should a separate room be assigned to 2 children below 12 years of age, one child shall be charged single rates.