Wabi-Sabi's Fernando Pho Jr. vs. Ramen Padilla
Wabi-Sabi sums up the philosophy in life of the owner - anti-aesthetic, imperfect, unpretentious, in the moment, open and unconventional.
As an homage to their noodle offerings, they created a noodle war accent wall. On one side were the photos of their pho-loving customers, wittily dubbed "Fernando Pho Jr."
The soup of the pho has a clean flavor, and since no meat is used, the taste is a bit flat. The noodles are thinner and served in just the right amount, good for one person. I personally like the vegetarian chicharon toppings (made from crispy tofu) that comes with the pho.
And on the other side of the wall were the photos of the ramen-lovers, amusingly called "Ramen Padilla".
The shoyu ramen has gluten meat, which adds a bolder taste to the soup. The noodles here are fatter and yummier than the pho. I like the way the flavors trick your mind into thinking that it is a meat-based soup.
Given the chance, I would love to put up our photo on the wall with the Ramen Padilla camp. :)
They also serve Vietnamese Sandwiches that use French Bread, Vegetables and Veggie Magic (which serves as the substitute for the meat).
A mix of Seaweed and Tofu.
If you are looking for Vegetarian Bacon/Ham/Salami, please call Tess +63916-776 0063.
Vegetarian Bacon 1/4 - P255
Vegetarian Salami 1 kilo - P250
Vegetarian Ham 1 kilo - P250
For dessert, try the cheese bar, which is packed cheese with the texture of a pili bar. It is good -- not too sweet and not too cheesy.
Wabi-Sabi Noodle House & Vegetarian Grocery
7274 Malugay St., Brgy. San Antonio, Makati
(Located at the back, right side of The Collective)
Telephone: +63918-450 1714
The BEST RAMEN in Manila Series 2013:
- RAMEN NAGI: BUTAO Gourmet Ramen now in Manila! @SMAuraPremier
- RAMEN DAISHO UKKOKEI: Hakata Tonkatsu Ramen and Yakibuta Chahan!
- TAMPOPO たんぽぽ: Deluxe Black Pig Shabu Ramen and Top Grade Black Pig Tonkatsu!
- IKKORYU FUKUOKA RAMEN Philippines' Black Garlic Tonkotsu Ramen!
- RAMEN SANTOUKA PHILIPPINES: Legendary Hokkaido Ramen now in Manila!
- RAMEN YUSHOKEN: Guide to the Best Ramen House in the South!
- MITSUYADO SEI-MEN's Double Cheese Sauce Tsukemen!
- NOMAMA (2x) But You
- UCC's Tan Tan Mian Tonkotsu Ramen!
- GENYA Tonkotsu Ramen
- RAMEN BAR - One of the Best Authentic Japanese Ramen Places in Manila?
- TAMAGOYA! Ramen
- UKOKKEI RAMEN RON - One of the Best Shoyu Ramen in Manila!
Live an Awesome Life,
Disclosure: Nothing to disclose.
P.S. Sometimes your friends might not appreciate eating in a light and healthy noodle house. You can opt to grab a burger from Wingman instead. But I wouldn't recommend the wings from Wingman because of the taste.
Three Mini-Burgers of:
- Chimichurri Burger (Homemade chimichurri sauce, a blend of garlic, parsley, vinegar, chili topped with tomato and crisp red onion)
- The Cowboy Burger (Everything is better with bacon, caramelized onion and lots of smoked hickory barbeque sauce)
- Wingman Burger (Choice of spicy buffalo sauce and topped with rich blue cheese)
For me, the best one is the Chimichurri burger because of the good mix of the chimichurri with the garlic sauce and raw onions.