About the Founder & Author:
Anton Diaz is the founder of Our Awesome Planet, the #1 Food and Travel Blog in the Philippines and co-founder of Mercato Centrale, successful weekend night food market in Manila. Read more
My Favorite Blog Post Series:
- AWESOME DUMAGUETE: A Weekend Getaway Itinerary to the Best of Dumaguete!
- BAGUIO: Top 10 Most Awesome Restaurants in Baguio (2016 Edition)!
- BEST OF BOHOL 2016: 7 New Awesome Experiences You Should not Miss!
- CALAGUAS: The Waling-Waling Eco Resort Experience...
- SAGADA Itinerary: Definitive Food & Travel DIY Guide to Sagada (2017)!
- PAMPANGA: Top 10 Most Awesome Restaurants in Pampanga! (2016)
- ROMBLON: 8 Awesome Places You Should Visit in Romblon!
- CEBU Like Never Before! (10 Most Awesome Experiences)
- 11 BIGGEST BUSINESS TRENDS in the Philippines 2014! (*Must Read for Every Filipino Entrepreneur)
- FESTIVAL GUIDE to the 10 Most Awesome Fiestas of the Philippines!
CREATIVE COMMON LICENSE
Our Awesome Planet by Anton Diaz is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
My latest advocacy is to make healthy food look cool. In Manila, we don't appreciate healthy restaurants so much because of the perceived bland or mild taste of vegetarian/healthy dishes. There was only one vegetarian hole-in-the-wall restaurant in UP that was full of flavor because the kitchen was run by a Kapampangan but, sadly, it closed down.
Thankfully, we did find another healthy alternative. But before I share about it, let me introduce you first to kefir...
The Kefir Culture"There are two types of kefir: water kefir - small transparent grains that ferment sweetened water; and milk kefir - white or cream coloured grains that look rather like cauliflower florets that ferment milk."
"Kefir is a living culture, a complex symbiosis of more than 30 microflora that form grains or cauliflower-like structures (sometimes called plants) in the milk. As the culture ferments the milk these structures grow, creating new grains in the process. Real kefir from live culture is an endlessly self-propagating process."
Read more: Seeds of Health, What is Kefir?
Buy Your HARANA Tickets Online Now from OAP! Balcony P500 - $11
« March 2009 | Main | May 2009 »