Chef's Table will probably get my vote for the best restaurant in 2009. It offers a unique dining experience in the heart of the metro. Imagine eating inside a private kitchen studio that Chef Bruce uses for the Tablescape show, where he demonstrates how the dishes are cooked, plated and served. We were the first commercial customers -- so let me share our experience with you.
9 Things You Should Know About the Chef's Table Private Dining
- Chef Bruce Lim is the celebrity chef in the Tablescape Life on a Plate show, together with Angel Aquino. It is shown on Studio 23 and is the first travel cooking show on Philippine Television.
- Chef Bruce is a Fil-Am Chef who fell in love with the beauty of the Philippines and the beauty of the First Pinay Drifter and Cebuana, Michelle Lim.
- Chef Bruce has a second show called Chef's Table, also on Studio 23.
- Chef's Table Private Dining is a freestyle cooking by-reservation-only restaurant. They only allow one group every night, so it is exclusive to the group.
- They accept a minimum of a date for 2 or a maximum of 15 inside the studio, plus 15 outside in the garden patio.
- Private dining costs P1,000/head (4-course menu) to P1,500/head (5-course menu with high priced items like beef, scallops, etc.)
- If you are scared of Freestyle Cooking, they have a standard menu you can choose from for P1,500 per head. Download Chefs Table Menu Revised.doc (28.5K)
- Wednesday is usually the shooting day for the cooking show, so it is not available for Private Dining. They only accept dinner reservations and maybe Sunday Brunch.
- Each dining experience is unique and it depends on the creativity of their guest.
Verdict: We all loved the Tartare Duo of Salmon and Tuna! This is a classic that you should not miss in Chef's Table.
Verdict: We all loved the Steamed Lapu-lapu with its side dish of Ube Mash and Kamote Tops + Togue. The Salmon was promising, but the meat itself was bland.
back to top
Aidan and Joshua were fighting over the creme brulee, so we had to order another one.
Stop at the building with Lims Folding Furniture on the ground floor. Chef's Table is located on the third floor / rooftop with a lighted garden. Michelle's driver will assist you with parking inside their compound and guide you to the Chef's Table studio.
You'll pass by Chef Bruce's grandmother's garden, which has different herbs that he uses as ingredients for his dishes.
A koi fishpond with a turtle and catfish will surely entertain your kids.
The garden is usually used by Boy Abunda and Kris Aquino as a set for their shows.
Chef Bruce and Michelle will greet you in the well-lighted kitchen studio where they shoot Tablescape and Chef's Table. There is a TV monitor at the back, which they sometimes use to show cartoons to pacify the kids. The Chef's table is a long table with benches, which could comfortably seat 10 people. The entire kitchen is also a showcase of the couple's collections from their travel around the Philippines.
Live an Awesome Life in God's Love,
P.S. Next time, we would go with the P1,500/head option, with the operating parameter: "Over the Top and Outside the Box".